• FBLA
    -2 Years of Varsity Basketball
    -Summer job of filing at doctors office
  • Over 350 service hrs.
  • attended Aggieland Saturday
  • siblings attended before me
    -1 year of varsity golf

What’s your GPA?

But also another factor is if you live in Texas and are in the top 25% with decent GPA and SAT and apply it’s an automatic admission.

Do they use weighted or regular

And yea I do live in Texas

@Coreyt99 With top 25%, you need a 1360 SAT for automatic Academic admission. Study and take the SAT or ACT more times before the deadline. If you do not reach that, you will be in the Holistic Review category. The Admissions people say they don’t care about GPA, just your class rank. Work hard on your essays! Good luck! It’s great to be an Aggie:)

@aggie88 What are my chance w my stats in the holistic review?

Will my Eagke Scout help any?

I would say that it would be a reach for you with the SAT score. If I were you I would take the ACT and see if that is better test for you. If you score a 30 with a 27 minimum on math and language sub-sections you would be an auto admit. As someone said above you can also become an auto admit with a 1360 on the SAT. Realize that there were 42,000 applicants in 2017 and only 3800 were admitted through the holistic review process. I would advise that if A&M is your first choice you do everything that you can to be an academic admit.

Is Blinn Team an option and if so how can the admission counselors know that I’m interested?

@Coreyt99 It is possible to get admitted with an 1100…my son just got Gateway admission for Fall! But it is very unlikely…this was like a miracle:) He did indicate he would be very interested in Gateway or Blinn Team at the bottom of his resume. They will automatically offer someone Gateway, Blinn Team, Engineering at Blinn, Eng at Galveston if they choose you. Eagle Scout is great! Get even more service hours, and be passionate about something in your essays:)

are you interested in the Corps? If so, make sure to attend a program like Spend the Night or Spend the Day with the Corps. Eagle scouts have a program to attend as well, dont they? we are out of state, but we drove 16 hours to attend Spend the Night and that definitely showed them our interest!

@gogogogobruins It’s definitely a possibility I thrived in my military defined troop so yea the corps is an option does that help on the application? I imagine it doesn’t because some would take advantage of it.

Everything helps…theres a place for u to put all of the ways u have vistied A&M and showed interest. Go to the Priospective Student Session, Dorm Tour, Spend the Night with the Corps, Camps, STEM Competitions… We did a bunch even though he has two sisters that are current students…

@aggie88 I have a sister that went to A&M before me can that help my chances?

No, corps selection does not help in admission -it use to matter, but they stopped that years ago. Having a sibling/relative that went to A&M, also no longer is considered (there are hundreds and hundreds of them!!) However, there are scholarships for eagle scouts.

What I would suggest, put much more effort into your SAT/ACT meaning : enroll in a review course (either online or in person or buy a book), start today doing daily tips for SAT/ACT prep online, get a copy of your SAT answer sheet to see what you need to study, schedule a couple more exams — if you don’t ,you will be wishing you did the entire time your app is in review. Should you not raise your scores, then you will know you did everything in your power to increase them. FWIW, stats of the kids getting admitted keep going up - so your sister’s year will be different to yours.

Work hard on your essays - whether or not you make the score benchmark. They are used for scholarships too. Begin making your list of EC’s, determine who you will ask for recs, go to the corps night (as suggested above) to determine if it is something you’ll want to do - pretty sure the eagle scout scholarship requires Corps membership, so it is a question you will have to answer should you gain admission.

Back to your question, what are your chances as is … check here for most recent stats of where students ended up in review: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1974794-tamu-class-of-2018-vs-class-of-2021.html#latest Keep in mind review students include those who just missed scores, component minimums for the scores, OR just missed top 25%. So it is a HUGE range - all of which are holistically reviewed vs. just scores & rank for auto and top 10%. In review, scores & rank count 50% of decision, everything else is the other 50% – so hard to predict.

@AGmomx2 @aggie88 I’ve heard Eagle Scouts get priority application status is this true?

No,not true.

Will it help me at all? @AGmomx2

Eagle scout would help just like any other EC. As for being in the Corps, I believe it does matter bc it shows hat you are interested in school. If you’re not an academic admit, your interest level does matter.