What are my chances at virginia tech

Hello,
I am a first generation hispanic female (the first female to go to college in my family) and I want to apply to virginia tech early decision. I’ve had my heart set on this school for a long time. Along with being a first generation im also considered a legacy at tech because my brother goes there. I’m nervous about getting in because my GPA is on the lower side it’s a 3.2 while my SATs are 1200. Do you think I have a chance of getting in?

A 3.2, even unweighted is likely pretty low for VT. the SAT is a bit low, a 1300 would be closer to VTs average. Chances at like engineering/architecture is very low, chances for lib arts may be higher, but not great either.

You should definetly apply ED if your sure Vtech is where you belong.Your GPA is much below their average of 3.9, so you’ll need to raise your SAT score as much as possible to offset the gpa (1300+ is ideal).The fact of you being first generation and legacy definetly helps. You will have a much greater chance being accepted into any major other than engineering or architecture (since these require the highest scores).Good luck!