Virginia tech admission chances

Hello, I am new to this forum and just recently submitted my application to Virginia Tech. I applied early decision and i’am worried about not being admitted. I’am a first generation college student with a 3.75 weighted GPA, I have a total of 6 AP courses and one IB with A’s and B’s in each. I’am ranked 172 out of 440 in my class and have a 1190 SAT score on the new sat. I do a lot of community service and currently enrolled in Emerging Leaders, a class in which you have to submit an application and hopefully get in, in which we do year long service projects. Has anyone been accepted and can see if I have a chance or can someone help me with my chances? Thanks for all the responses!!

Also, I played JV Soccer my freshman and sophomore years and participated in Key Club 10th,11th, and 12th and an art club in 10th and 11th grade. Took 3 years of Spanish and don’t have many awards other than Honor Roll all years, service award, and a award for completing a summer program and the University of Richmond

Also work at a daycare everyday from 2-6

What major did you apply for, are you male or female, and assume you are in-state since you attended the summer program at UR? Your SAT scores may keep you from early decision but think you will be fine for regular decision assuming you replied to the essays and emphasized your first generation college student status in one of them.

Major is environmental policy and planning, male and in state

From Richmond

You can figure out your chances by your major by using the tool at:

http://www.ir.vt.edu/data/student/admissions.html

I always tell students to apply to a couple of other schools you wouldn’t mind attending. You won’t find out about EA until after RD deadlines. Good luck!

Thanks I used the tool and found my GPA is above the 25th percentile, and my sat scores are higher than the 75th percentile for environmental policy and planning. I am hoping my community service and emerging leaders helps me as well as being first gen and in state (not from NOVA)