What are my chances of Getting into Education & Human Development at TAMU

Howdy everyone! I was wondering what are my chances of getting into the college mentioned above at A&M? I want to major in Human resource development.

I currently have a 3.03 GPA and graduated from Blinn with my associates already. The only thing is I failed one course and I wasn’t smart enough to drop it in time :frowning: the course is math 1325 (not my strongest subject) and I know that is a required coursework for admission. I plan on retaking the course this spring and if I make an A what are my chances of getting in? How do they calculate the two grades? Do they only look at the better “letter” grade?

I also want to list what I’ve taken and grades received to show where I am, maybe that will help.

ENGL 1301 - B
HIST 1301 - B & HIST 1302 - C
MATH 1324 - C
SPCH 1315 - A
BUSI 1301 - A
GOVT 2305 - A & GOVT 2306 - B
ACCT 2301 - B & ACCT 2302 - A
ENGL 2311 - B
CHEM 1405 - B
PHIL 2306 - A
BIOL 2401 - C
HITT 1305 - A
BUSI 1307 - A
PSYC 2301 - A
ARTS 1304 - C
BUSI 2301 - B
BUSI 2371 - B
PHED 1164 - B

I really do want to attend A&M. I’m just super scared I have like zero chance at getting in because of that one grade even if I do retake it and pass with an A :frowning:

Your GPA will include all grades, and you’ll receive credit for 1325 with an A. When you start at TAMU, these grades do not factor into your TAMU GPA, it’ll just say TA. (transfer A)… but will also show the F on the transcript. Make sense?

So I do have a chance? :slight_smile: I plan on going to every tutoring session they have for this class!

@AggieMomhelp :slight_smile:

What college is the major in?

@AggieMomhelp education and human development

I think you have a good shot. And so sorry I asked about college, lol… I just realized it’s in the thread title. Hard to focus when I’m on my phone typing so many replies. Hard to keep track.

Aside from 1325, you have all you need plus a solid 3.0 plus (that includes the F right?). If so, then really solid.

@AggieMomhelp Yes that’s plus the F and no problem! Lol I’m glad you’re actually helping me! It makes me feel better! :slight_smile: I’ve been in contact with an advisor and she said my app would be deferred with a course in progress. :slight_smile: thanks! Can I ask how you know so much? :slight_smile:

@aggiebound1996 lol this forum helps a lot. Thelma2 is a wealth of knowledge. AND… I live in Cstat, graduated from TAMU and my daughter was a transfer student and she just graduated a semester early and now my son is a freshman (2022). I’ve been through the process of both recently, and you really have to dig deep and ask questions to make sure you’re taking the right courses to set you up for transfer. Sounds like you did that. Good luck this semester. Work hard and you’ll be just fine.

@AggieMomhelp thanks so much for your help! I have been talking back and forth with an advisor and she said I could take either Math 1325 or Phil 240 instead of the math course as long as I have one of them. And I asked her if people have been admitted with an F on their transcript and she told me yes that only your cumulative GPA and completed coursework matter :slight_smile: so I’m going to take the Phil class because I know I’ll do better!

Great plan. It’s not an easy class and there’s still some math, but it may sink in a little better!

@AggieMomhelp thanks! Also, I’m almost about to finish up my application. so since I’ll have a course in progress I know I’ll be deferred, but once I complete the course do you know when I will know whether or not I’ve been accepted? I’ve heard of people not knowing until July??

No, I don’t know… I’m sorry. I have heard of people finding out without a deferral but that you would need to turn in final transcript to confirm.

@AggieMomhelp That would be awesome to know I was admitted before having to send in my final transcript for this semester…if only if only lol but would it be possible to pm you my essay or email it to see if it is going in the right direction? it would be really great to have a former aggie to read it :slight_smile:

Absolutely. Make sure you give me the prompt too.