HELP! Transfer student in a bind

Hey everyone!

I’m asking a question for my friend who hopes to transfer to Texas A&M for Summer/Fall 2015 into the the College of Education and Human Development. She plans on being an Allied Health major.

She currently attends TAMUCC as a sophomore and has a GPA of ~3.3 with 37 credit hours. It says on their transfer student admissions page that students with a 3.0+ GPA are given a higher priority, so we thought her chances of getting in were decent. I’m not sure if this is relevant, but her GPA fell a bit this past semester when she was diagnosed with a serious heart condition and had to undergo surgery. She noted this in her application, which she submitted on January 20th. She also had a glowing recommendation letter from a professor she was close to.

While looking over the requirements to transfer into the college, she missed the part about having to take MATH1324 & MATH1325 (Business Math I & II). She has met all other requirements to transfer into that major. She says that she plans to take them at TAMU if she gets accepted, and says she will notify the admissions people of that, but I’m not sure that’s going to cut it…

Can anyone offer advice as to what she might be able to do to fix this dilemma? Or are her chances completely ruined? I was thinking of trying to switch to a major that may not require that certain course, but she doesn’t think that is possible and believes that even if it is, that it would be a major inconvenience.

Advice and wisdom is very much appreciated (:

Thanks & Gig’em!

I e-mailed them as a possible transfer applicant for Allied Health and they told me that I had to have 1324 & 1325. She could try another major and change majors once she’s been there for a semester. I know it’s a pain but it’s worth a shot!

Is she still able to change her schedule at her current college? I would check and she if she can still add/drop a class and get it taken this semester. Maybe drop a class she really can wait on.

@sb2014 I told her that’s what was necessary! Thanks for confirming!

@Cmsparent I think that the add/drop week is over for her college, so she will not be able to register for new courses. I will double check though.

@Cmsparent Thank you for commenting!

try online courses - the two classes are not sequential really if you already have a good math background. Ask around there are easy and hard versions of these courses.