What are my chances of getting into UW-Madison CAS?

I applied to the University of Wisconsin-Madison in early November to the College of Arts and Sciences as a biology major. My stats were a 27 ACT, 3.98 gpa, Im in the top 5% of my class, and I am heavily involved in extra curricular activities. My brother is currently a sophomore at Madison, and going there would be an absolute dream for me. I have some anxiety about getting accepted. I don’t have the highest ACT score, and I know science is always a competitive field. What are my chances of getting accepted? And when are early decisions released?

Learn your terms- it’s L&S, Letters and Sciences at UW. You get admitted to the university as a whole so your proposed major won’t determine getting into UW (although it will determine getting into specific programs, especially y in some of the other schools/colleges). There is no “competition” for getting into a biology or other science major (most/all in L&S)- you technically are admitted to any major based on meeting criteria, usually a minimum UW gpa.

Look at the UW admissions website for official information on when decisions are released. I believe Nov 1st was the cutoff for the early notification period- double check.

Your course rigor and unweighted gpa count much more than EC’s. Have you taken several AP/IB courses if offered by your HS and gotten A’s (unweighted gpa grades)? Remember that 25% of students will be in that lowest 25%ile for test scores. With stellar grades (assuming unweighted) it means you have good study habits and have learned what was taught- therefore preparing well for the rigors of college.