What are my chances?!?

Which UC schools can I get into:

unweighted GPA: 3.66
weighted GPA: 4.0
ACT: 26 composite (I had the flu while taking it, so I am retaking it and I am hoping to score a 28)

• 4 years varsity girls gymnastics
  • 4 years varsity drill team
  • 2 years varsity dive
  • 2 years badminton

Intended major? Is your weighted GPA, your capped weighted UC GPA?

I do not know what I want to major in yet, but I am interested in nursing. I know that my unweighted UC GPA is 3.66.

If you targeting Nursing, UCI and UCLA are the only UC’s that have a Nursing major (direct admit) and extremely competitive with around a 4% acceptance rate. You would need a UC GPA of 4.0+ and an ACT in the 32+ range of a solid chance. If you are not sure, your best chances for any UC regardless of major would be UC Merced, Riverside and Santa Cruz.

I would target the Cal States if you plan to major in Nursing and the 2 direct admit Nursing programs (Fullerton and San Diego State) are also highly competitive, again UC/CSU GPA of 4.0+ with around a 30+ ACT to be competitive.

The Cal states are also a good option for solid Match and Safety schools. Most of the Cal states offer a Pre-Nursing major which are impacted programs for all the CSU’s.

Here is some statistical data for the UC’s based on UC capped weighted GPA and ACT scores:

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 1.8%
UCLA: 2.2%
UCSD: 7.2%
UCSB: 10.1%
UCI: 11.1%
UCD: 16.6%
UCSC: 43.8%
UCR: 63.3%
UCM: 88.7%

25th - 75th percentiles for ACT:
UCB: 30-34