What are my chances?

Last admissions cycle and probably even further back, BOTH Essays A and B were required. Please check this!
If you look at this site, you will see continual advice to write all three essays. Why lose an opportunity to say more?

A&M doesn’t superscore, but I would send both, yes, because the science score is better. They can figure all this out. These are very good scores, regardless.

Please get your application in soon, and good luck to you, @Sacredpro.

Nope, this year it is only Essay A for admission. Also, when you apply on Apply Texas, you do not need to do an additional scholarship application for TAMU. I double checked with my S19’s AIS and he only did Essay A and his AIS says complete & in review and it says scholarship application received. Here is what it says on the website, “ESSAY
Topic A - Average length is a page to a page and a half. Additional essays will not be reviewed.” You can find it here: http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply/?_ga=2.222701659.1384443301.1532460799-875821621.1448127506

@AggieMomhelp @seniormom2000 @MomHopesNxtGenAg - y’all might remember that my S18 will be going to TAMU this next year and he had to do all 3 essays. I think it changed this cycle… lucky kids! :slight_smile:

@seniormom2000 While scholarships would be nice, and yes, she did fill out whatever scholarship boxes they asked her to check, on a Apply Texas, we are in an odd situation. My daughter is eligible for her father’s GI Bill, which will cover full in state tuition, a monthly living stipend, and book stipend. The GI bill can be used for 36 months, 4 years of normal semesters. If she was awarded any scholarships, they would pay first, then the GI Bill. Problems with that, the GI Bill runs out after the 36 month time frame, no matter if all of the monetary value hasn’t been used. While her scores and class rank might be good enough for some scholarships, she really is just above middle of the road, 1360 on SAT 30 on ACT, but is ranked 4 out of 203 students in class, and will have completed 2 full years of IB classes in high school, plus 1 AP class. So, we will weigh it. The only way we would come out ahead, if is she was awarded a full ride(don’t see that happening), then could use the GI Bill towards graduate edu, or, she can use GI for undergraduate and grad would be on her. She will be applying for local community scholarships, that she can use for educational expenses, not towards tuition. So, she is aiming more for what is called “non-fenced” scholarships. Also, running a NPC, and a mock FAFSA, we don’t qualify for any grants or aid, only loans. So, I typed out our long story, sorry about that. We are eternally grateful the GI Bill is available to her, and a huge reason why she looked at state schools.

Editing to add, she is not applying to Engineering or Mays, she is going straight liberal Arts. She is top 10% for class rank for auto admit, and her ACT score and subs, would qualify her for academic. We shall see what comes.

@sweeney1996 Congratulations on her stats and be sure to thank her dad for his service!!

Thank you @seniormom2000 .She has worked hard. I won’t lie, TAMU was not on the radar, we lived in Florida up to her sophomore year, and she was aiming for UF, lol. But a move brought us to Texas, and UF is just to far away for her from home. We are proud that such a hard move right in the middle of high school did not faze her. Her grades stayed up, she got right involved in ECs, and back on the swim team. We toured Texas Tech also, not her cup of tea. Oklahoma State is a back up, but she really just loves TAMU. I am excited to get to “know” some other parents with kids there also.