What are the easiest majors to transfer into at TAMU?

<p>Looking to transfer into Texas A&M. Just wondering what the easiest majors to get into are (Least competitive and easiest requirements to be reviewed)</p>

<p>Though it may just be a stigma, around town people say that poultry science is the easiest to transfer into. Mays is without a doubt the most toughest and engineering is right behind it. Anything in COALS other than Ag Business should be fairly simple to transfer in to.</p>

<p>I’m looking to transfer next fall… I’m currently an economics major at baylor expecting to have 52 hours and around a 3.1 gpa by that fall</p>

<p>The only thing is, since the deadline for fall 2014 is before the end of spring 2014, I won’t yet have met the requirements to transfer to the economics program since my Econ and math classes will be “in progress.” And also I think my gpa will be a little lower, maybe around a 3.0. </p>

<p>But my main concern is just getting in, so I’m wondering which major would assure that with around a 3.0 gpa, then I’ll just change my major back to economics…</p>

<p>ShaneL3 sounds like you are going have a competitive time with your transfer. If you had a 3.5+ it would be a different story. Why not just stay at Baylor & pick your GPA up?</p>

<p>ShaneL3 - I transferred into Econ at TAMU from Blinn. When I talked to an advisor in the department she told me that Econ requires a 3.0 min, but if you have the 3.0 and your GPA in the important classes that they look at (maths, econs) then you should be in easily. I wasn’t too worried because I applied to transfer with 3.94 on 51 hours plus still have 16 in progress at Blinn. If I remember correctly, you can apply for fall but you will be denied provisionally. It will ask you to send in your updated, completed transcript from the spring and they will reconsider.</p>

<p>internal transfer is a different story than 3.0, thought it 3.0 for econ classes, 2.5 for the 2 math courses and like a 2.25 overall.</p>