What clothes do I bring to Bama?

<p>I will be living in Tut this fall and the closets are pretty small! I’m aware that girls mainly wear tshirts and athletic shorts to class but what other clothing items should I bring? What do people wear to parties and other social outings around campus? I’m going down for rush and I know that there will be parties but I’m not sure what outfits would be acceptable? I’m trying not to bring unnecessary items because of the lack of closet space. If there are any other recommendations on items that would be good to bring please let me know! Thank you</p>

<p>Just to clarify, I already have all of my outfits picked out for rush. I was talking about the parties AFTER I get in. I realized the wording could be confusing.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/931011-what-not-to-wear-at-bama.html”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/931011-what-not-to-wear-at-bama.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>You will be amazed on the amount of clothing you will actually be able have in your room at Tut. Purchase the plastic storage drawers (the 3 drawer ones) to put under the bed (raised to 31"). This is where all of your tshirts, shorts, undies, etc will be stored. All those tshirts and sweatshirts from high school, leave them at home. Do not even bother bringing those at all.<br>
As for the parties, some are themed and will be different “get-ups” for the theme. You will be borrowing stuff here and there from friends for these. You will not have a huge need for lots of formal dresses. A few nice classic cocktail dresses will suffice. You will need more like “Sunday Dress” for chapter meetings. Then a few game day dresses. When going thru your closet trying to decide what to bring and not bring, if you didn’t wear it last year, don’t bring it. If you find there is something at home that you direly want, have your parents mail it to you. </p>

<p>Agree^^ Bring only a couple of your favorite high school t-shirts as security blankets. You will enough acquire UA themed and organization t-shirts to meet your needs – especially if you join a sorority. As for the theme parties, your “big” will probably have options to pass down so you won’t have to scrounge or buy anything new.</p>