What do colleges see? (UC's)

So in my recent posts I have stated my case of my rough start to high school (2.6 GPA first semester of 9th grade) to a 4.33 GPA in my last semester of Junior year. And in between, there has been an upward trend. ((3.4),(3.4),(3.6),(4.0)). I am a California resident and since UC’s are GPA heavy, I am kind of in the mix of colleges I will apply to since my GPA (10-11) is 3.875, which to me is a bit low for UC’s. I was wondering if colleges will see that with each semester of high school I am getting better and better academically (except when I got 3.4 twice). Or will they just see my overall GPA of 3.875? Are they interested that I did sports as well and other EC’s? (you can find them in my thread where I ask about my chances).
Thanks

Berkeley

Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores
Important: Extracurricular activities, Volunteer work, Work experience
Considered: Character/personal qualities, First generation college student, State residency
Note: Thorough review of academic performance; likely contribution to intellectual and cultural vitality of the campus; diversity in personal background and experience; demonstrated qualities in leadership, motivation, concern for others and community; non-academic achievement in the performing arts, athletics or employment; demonstrated interest in major.

Davis

Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores
Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work
Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, State residency, Work experience
Note: Scholastic achievement most important, followed by school and community activities, academic interests, special circumstances, special achievements and awards

Irvine

Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Extracurricular activities, Level of applicant’s interest, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience
Important: Character/personal qualities, Class rank
Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, State residency
Note: Demonstrated record of academic preparation, educational engagement, talent and skills important.

Los Angeles

Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience
Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence
Note: GPA, test scores, course work, number of and performance in honors and AP courses most important. Essay considered. Strong senior program important. Extracurricular activities, honors and awards also reviewed.

Merced

Important: Class rank, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability
Considered: Character/personal qualities, First generation college student, Geographical residence, Level of applicant’s interest, Recommendations, State residency, Volunteer work, Work experience
Note: Academic record and test scores determine eligibility.

Riverside

Considered: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, First generation college student, State residency, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience
Note: A fixed weight point system comprehensive review model that culminates in an Academic Index Score to determine admission for incoming freshmen.

San Diego

Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, First generation college student, State residency, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience
Note: High school course pattern, GPA, essay and test scores most important. Admission for out-of-state applicants more selective than for residents.

Santa Barbara

Considered: Character/personal qualities, Class rank, Extracurricular activities, First generation college student, Level of applicant’s interest, State residency, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience
Note: Eligibility established by high school GPA, course requirement, and SAT scores. Special consideration for disadvantaged students.

Santa Cruz

Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores, State residency
Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, First generation college student, Geographical residence, Talent/ability
Considered: Volunteer work, Work experience
Note: Test scores, GPA in required subjects most important. Personal statement very important.

Source: The College Board via College Search

PM if you have any other questions, I think the information I gave you answered your questions. UCs only count the UC & CSU GPA but they do look at the whole transcript. They will check your senior grades. If you’re borderline, they may ask supplemental information during the admissions process.

You self report all grades Freshman grades through Junior year on the UC application. (A-G courses). Only 10-11th grades are used for the GPA application.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

They will see an upward grade trend which has a positive impact.