What else can I do to become a horned frog?

Hi, my name is Katie Dunn and I REALLY want to go to TCU! It’s been a dream since I was little (my family’s from Texas but we live in California). I’m really into my faith as a Christian and I try my very hardest in school. I’m currently a senior at a private Christian highschool in California where TCU is visiting (October,17th). I’m not entirely sure who replies to these or how comments work but whoever reads this I’d love some input!

Why I want to go to TCU

• private\Christian
  • suburban area
  • co-ed cheer team
  • football
  • Greek life
  • nursing program

I’ve taken the old SAT (out of 2400) twice and got a 1540 the first time and a 1600 the second.
I took the new SAT October 1st and I feel really good about it! I’m also signed up for the ACT October 22nd and that will be my first time taking that test. My GPA is a 3.36 with honors and AP.

Some things I might add into my application:

• I’ve been on multiple missions trips including 2 trips to Haiti (1 week increments)
  • I’ve been cheerleading for 5 years (4 years highschool varsity, currently captain) 1 year Allstars before highschool.

Here are my questions:

1. What are my chances of getting in based on my raw scores?
  2. What else can I do to make my application more interesting to admissions?
  3. Are there any other schools that fit my criteria and match up with my scores?

Hi Katie, You’ll mostly get parents replying. I have two children from CA who went/go to TCU. I think it may be a bit of a stretch, in general, for TCU and a large stretch for the nursing program. Nursing is one of the toughest to get admitted to at TCU so it’s “selective”. You may need to assess your interest in nursing vs. attending a specific school. If you are definitely an aspiring nurse, you will want to apply broadly and still be prepared to go the junior college route if not admitted. Either to up your juco GPA or to do the nursing program at a juco. If you really want to TCU, try the ACT and consider a different major. Good luck.

Don’t change your major. If your passion is nursing their are plenty of great nursing programs if you don’t get in to TCU. Fyi, althought you will find religious groups on campus TCU is not the most religious school. They tell you that on the tour so do your research to be sure you’re not disappointed. It’s a great school and excellent nursing.