What is the official nickname for an Alabama student?

<p>I’m wondering what the official nickname for an Alabama student is. For example, if you go to UCLA you are a “Bruin”, and if you go to the University of Oregon you are a “Duck”. Is there any equivalent term at the University of Alabama?</p>

<p>Crimsonite!</p>

<p>Not really, but it should be.</p>

<p>Isn’t that what Superman is allergic to? ;)</p>

<p>It’s certainly what LSUers are allergic to!</p>

<p>I think that was Cryptonite?</p>

<p>^^^ Oh! I knew it sounded something like that. :slight_smile: I think this question has come up before and there doesn’t seem to be an official nickname for Bama students. Maybe someone needs to poll the student body for ideas.</p>

<p>*It’s certainly what LSUers are allergic to!
*</p>

<p>I thought it was soap and water.</p>

<p>There was a previous thread in which a clever CC-Ian whose name I can not recall suggested:</p>

<p>TIDALIST</p>

<p>The most common answer around campus when that question is posed: “Champion.” ;)</p>

<p>I have heard “Bamer” , but not sure if that is accurate.</p>

<p>Not “Bammer.” That’s a derogatory term used for students at UA by LSU or Auburn fans. My son said “Champion” as well.</p>

<p>While we’re at it, it is equally important to know that Auburn students are “Barners,” LSU students are “Corndogs” and Tennessee students “Pumpkins” from what I’ve been told.</p>

<p>Officially, there isn’t one. The Crimson Tide is used for the student body as a whole and Capstonian is sometimes used for individuals, but the latter would be confusing for many people.</p>

<p>It’s more difficult to come up with a nickname for an individual student when the nickname of the school’s athletic team is singular rather than plural. If trying to use the nickname for an individual student in writing or conversation, my suggestion is to reword things in order to avoid needing to use the nonexistent nickname.</p>

<p>“Boss” perhaps?! :-)</p>

<p>Tider, maybe. No, there isn’t an official term.</p>

<p>Like the Borg, we are a collective entity. We are Crimson Tide. Resistance is futile! :)</p>

<p>Well, there may be no nickname, but it was worth asking questions just to see all the creative answers! Thanks for your help!</p>