What Major to choose with Journalism as a minor?

<p>Hello everybody, I am currently going into my sophomore year of high school and have started to research the different majors that colleges have to offer. I absolutely LOVE to write, and I've been told I'm pretty good at it too. I've been going to various writing courses at different colleges over the past few years, and I really feel like I have a knack for it. </p>

<p>I was pretty dead-set on majoring in Journalism, but after doing more research I have come to realize that it will not make me as much money as I would like. I have no desire to become FILTHY rich, but I would like to make at LEAST 70,000-80,000/year.</p>

<p>Since I have pretty much decided that Journalism as a major will most likely not make me that amount of money, I have come to the conclusion instead of disregarding my talent and passion for writing, I will minor in Journalism instead. However, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out exactly what to major in instead.</p>

<p>For a while, I had been interested in becoming an entrepreneur and going to business school, but after seeing a family business fail miserably and become responsible for my lack of a college fund, I am firmly opposed to it. I also had an interest in majoring in either Marketing or Advertising, but I'm not too sure as to what either would entail. I have been told I'm a good public speaker, and sound very natural and smooth when I talk (despite the fact that I know I get nervous occasionally). I am also not the BEST at math, and I feel if I were to pursue a major that heavily relies on it, I would fail.</p>

<p>Thank you to all who actually READ all of that. I would appreciate if some of you could give me your input as to what I should major in. I am not familiar with most majors out there, and if you could bring some to my attention that would fit in well with me minoring in Journalism, well, that would be even better. Thanks again!</p>

<p>The highest level of required math I’ve seen for marketing majors was one business calculus class. Challenging, but you don’t need to be a hardcore “math person” to pass it. Most merely require business statistics. Since even a journalism major will require college algebra, that equates to 1-2 extra math classes at the most.</p>

<p>I can’t advise you about what your perfect major is, but I can:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Recommend looking up the curriculum for each major you’re interested in at the website each university you’re interested in. There were some majors I found tantalizing until I looked at the actual curriculum and realized that they were nothing like I imagined.</p></li>
<li><p>Remind you that not only entrepreneurs/business owners were hurt by the 2008 economic plunge; virtually everyone outside of a few ‘mandatory’ fields (health care, accounting) has seen their prospects dwindle a bit.</p></li>
</ol>