What should I wear for campus tour?

I know there is a thread that already exist but I wanted a more recent answer. What should I wear for my campus tour on Wednesday(3/31) and just around campus in general? I’m from NJ and everyone here wears sweatpants and sweatshirts if it’s cold and bball shorts and tshirts when it’s warm but I assume UA is not like that. I’m a guy btw.

Just something inoffensive and doesn’t send the signal that you don’t give a crap.

What not to wear:
At the Bama tour session we sat thru, there were a couple of girls wearing cutoff denim short shorts w strategically positioned frayed holes, paired with tank tops w “fashionable” rips in them. They looked like they walked off the boardwalk of some trashy beach.

What was even more astounding was that they came dressed that way with their mothers along.

Wear something nice but also comfortable. It could be windy or rainy, or even quite warm…so bring both types of clothes…and a jacket… Comfortable shoes are a must.

@GMTplus7 amazing.

Thanks. I’m thinking maybe a polo with khaki shorts.

One more question, the weather in Tuscaloosa doesn’t looks good for Wednesday. So what happens if there’s bad storms, does the tour get cancelled ?

Are we talking about the general tour, or an Honors College tour set up for you individually? Either way, I don’t think the tour will get cancelled, after all you are there to see the campus and meet people. Be prepared for rain…wear comfortable shoes or even light water proof shoes/ boots, a rain jacket is probably better than an umbrella. Oh and unless it is exceptionally hot, I would suggest something other than shorts…dress nicely, especially if you are meeting Honors College staff and professors. Just my two cents.

Do not wear the colors of any other fierce rival school (Auburn comes to mind)! And then do not wear t-shirts, hats, or ‘gear’ from ANY other school. You’d be surprised how many kids I see turning up to local alumni events for a certain school, wearing other school’s stuff. It’s not exactly offensive, but sends signals that you’re not that interested/serious about the school you’re visiting.

Well it’s gonna be in the 70’s so I thought that it was too hot for pants and it’s just the general campus tour. But if shorts come off the wrong way I’ll wear pants.

I think shorts are fine as long as they aren’t booty shorts. Dress for comfort, but not sloppy.

I think nice shorts and a polo are fine. Nothing sloppy or fussy. Comfortable shoes are a must.

FYI: All campus tours are clothing optional.

I just giggled:" Well it’s gonna be in the 70’s so I thought that it was too hot for pants". Sorry, not laughing at you @chargers321 , I was just trying to imagine what you’d wear when it’s 100 degrees with 99% humidity in August. (I know that seventies can feel like a heat wave after a NJ winter).
As a suggestion from a southern Mom of three sons, wear jeans or khakis, or cargo pants (not shorts) and a polo or button up shirt(you can roll up the sleeves if you get warm), or a T-shirt with an unbuttoned button up shirt over it. That’s what my kids live in. They very rarely wear shorts, even in summer.
Wear sneakers or slip-on boat shoes and bring a light rain jacket.

We will be on the 10:00 tour tomorrow too. I have 3 boys with me who complained that I made them pack dress clothes, khakis and a polo