What UC's can I get into?

Hey all, I’m really hoping to get some other info besides the general stats that I can find.

UC GPA is 3.75
SAT is 1390
Essays are actually quite good (not trying to brag, just want you all to have the info)

Total of six AP classes (all but one in senior year)

Chances?

Intended major? Your UC GPA below the 25th percentile for all but UCSC, UCR and UCM although your SAT score is wothon range for most of the UC’s. EC’s?
What about also consider applying to some of the competitive Cal States such as SLZo (dependent upon major), SDSU, CSULB, CPP and Fullerton?
UC’s are very GPA focused so less than a 4.0 weighted will impact your chances
Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 2%-High Reach
UCLA: 3%-High Reach
UCSD: 6%-High Reach
UCD: 15%-Reach
UCSB: 14%-Reach
UCI: 13%-Reach
UCSC: 59%-High Match
UCR: 78%-Match
UCM: 92%-Match

Heres the problem: my intended major is comp sci. I have done a few good EC’s, had a band that was in the newspaper and played for festivals, as well as volunteering to cook for cancer patients.

I would be happy going to UCD or UCSC, but those both might be reaches…

If you are looking at CS, I would say that UCSC is possible since they do not accept by major but you will need to pass their CS course requirements to declare the major which is not easy.

UCD with a GPA of less than 4.0 is definitely a Reach.

UCR has a good CS program along with UC Merced. I think you will have much better chances at the Cal States except SLO.

My younger son is currently a 4th year CS major at SDSU, is doing well academically and has a great internship with the Department of Justice. His stats were similar to yours and he got into most of the CSU’s and UCR for CS.

You need to apply widely and do not just focus on the UC’s since you may be disappointed with your results.

Okay, but you think I have a good shot at UCSC if I write good essays?

I would say a 50/50 chance so make sure you include UCR and UCM and several of the Cal States. Best of luck.

Little update: My UC gpa was calculated wrong, I included my PE class which I guess uc doesn’t care about.

My gpa is 3.81

Your updated UC GPA still puts you at or below the 25th percentile for the Mid-tier and Top UC’s. UCSC looks like a slightly better Match but UCI/UCD/UCSB will still be around 50/50 chance and the top UC’s are probably out of Reach.

Apply widely and include some Reach schools since you never know.

damn. I was hoping ucsc would be a safe bet but now I don’t know…I really, really hope I get in there haha. It’s become so hard now