When do we hear about financial aid?

<p>Hello I was recently accepted into UW-Madison and was wondering when we hear about any merit scholarships and financial aid? When they do release this information where do I go to view it?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance</p>

<p>Did you apply separately for College of Letters & Science scholarships?</p>

<p>No all I have completed so far was my application to the school. I applied at the deadline because it was a last minute add to the college list.</p>

<p>I don’t think you can count on any merit aid as you didn’t apply for any. </p>

<p>Are you a Wisconsin resident at the top of your high school class?</p>

<p>You have to complete the FAFSA to be considered for any need-based federal government or Wisconsin-source grant aid.</p>

<p>Question: if I did apply for the letters and science scholarship when would I hear back?</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using CC</p>

<p>There are about 35 College of Letters & Science scholarships for incoming freshman, almost all of those are for Wisconsin residents. I think last year there were about 1,800 applicants for these 35 scholarships.</p>

<p>Students will receive a personal phone call in mid-April if chosen. Students not chosen receive a rejection email in April. </p>

<p>In early April when the rejection emails were sent, my daughter did not receive one. We were crossing our fingers and hoping for that phone call. Finally I called and was told that she was on a list and to expect a decision soon. Unfortunately, the decision she received was in the form of a rejection email.</p>

<p>Then in August she got good news - she received one of the 35 or so L&S scholarships! Apparently she was an alternate; one of the original intended recipients chose not to attend UW at the last minute.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>