When does Fall 2012 start?

<p>With deadlines approaching for summer programs, noticed a lot of them run into mid August.</p>

<p>Wonder if anyone has any idea when Fall 2012 classes will start?</p>

<p>Can’t find a link on Bama’s website, so wonder if anyone has the inside scoop.</p>

<p>I don’t think a date has been set.</p>

<p>Likely it will be the same week as last year…3rd week of August…start on Wednesday…likely Aug 22 (last Aug, classes started Aug 24).</p>

<p>Re: summer programs. Many will accomodate a student who has to leave early because their college is starting. What kind are you talking about? REUs? summer classes? What are their end dates?</p>

<p>Anyway…if they run til mid August (around Aug 15th), then those are fine. Bama would start a week later.</p>

<p>Anyone know when the Bama Bound dates will be posted?
I have an airline discount I was hoping to use for our flights but it expires soon…I called admissions a while back and got the “official” line that the dates wouldn’t be posted until Feb 2012 but was hoping someone on here like m2ck may already know the dates?</p>

<p>When do your discounts expire?</p>

<p>If they don’t expire before offices reopen, I would call the Orientation office to find out. </p>

<p>You could book an extended stay which would cover at least one BB and book that BB ASAP. Such as arriving on a Sunday and staying thru Wednesday during a week when there definitely will be a BB. During the summer, usually the only week that doesn’t have a couple of BBs is 4th of July week.</p>

<p>Another option…</p>

<p>If you’re trying to go to an Honors BB, then likely Dr. Sharpe knows those dates, so send him an email, explain your situation, and ask if he knows the dates.</p>

<p>Hi all, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and looking forward to a new year. </p>

<p>We are in a similiar boat regarding Bama Bound dates: My daughter wants to book a family cruise for a senior/graduation trip, but early June looks to coincide with previous Bama Bound dates.</p>

<p>Since we are looking to attend an Honors College Bama Bound, we will email Dr. Sharpe.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info/advice M2CK</p>

<p>Yeah dates would be nice I’ve been wondering the same. When can u take the math assesment test?</p>

<p>You take the math assessment test during your Bama Bound orientation. Each BB has the placement tests, so don’t worry.</p>

<p>Yes…the honors BBs are at the end of May and the first week of June. After that, they’re all the same all thru June, July, and there’s one right before school starts (there may be more in August). </p>

<p>there’s about 25 Bama Bound dates, so lots to choose from. However, the first 2-3 are the Honors ones. Not all the honors kids can attend the honors versions because of their school schedules.</p>

<p>What happens if you have AP credit for Math 125? Do you still have to take a placement test?</p>

<p>No, you don’t. </p>

<p>You just move onto Cal II if needed. If you don’t need Cal II, then you’re done!</p>