Could someone tell me about Bama Bound?

<p>I was wondering if anyone can tell me what orientation is like and when it takes place?
We are already making plans for summer 2012, and I went to make sure I factor in orientation.</p>

<p>The major purpose of BB is registration. Many other breakout sessions are provided for both students and parents over the 1.5 days, but mostly it is about meeting with an adviser in your major and using DegreeWorks to pick your schedule. For parents there are sessions on financial aid, security, and other topics. For students there topics such as how to transition from home to school life, what to bring to college, etc. There will be presentations from your colleges, but finally on the morning of the 2nd day you will register for classes. In some cases it is easier to pick an earlier BB date since more classes may be open, but UA also holds MANY spots in classes and/or additional sections of classes for later BB sessions so that everyone gets a relatively good shot at getting the classes that they need. Also, both Student and Parents get a chance to stay in the dorms (separately) which is a good opportunity to see what the rooms are like and to envision what you might need to bring that will fit in your room, etc. I’d advise picking an earlier date. Good luck and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Linny…when is your child’s last day of school and graduation? There are honors Bama Bounds in late May and maybe early June.</p>

<p>I would also advise an earlier date and if your student is an honors student, pick an Honors Bama Bound as well. It really is very nice to have registration completed early and then you can tweak the schedule during the summer if you need to.</p>

<p>My D graduates June 2nd. We could go anytime after that. We are vacation July 1st, so hopefully we can fit it in between those 2 dates. Good to know that there is a separate honors college orientation.</p>

<p>Does anyone have experience with the 1-day Bama Bound session in May? I think it’s referred to as “Early Honors”. I know it’s around AP exam time but it would work best for our schedule. Summer gets too busy with kids involved in sports (club and school).</p>

<p>linnylu,</p>

<p>When D attended a few years ago we actually went before graduation. Since she was taking only one class that was not an AP it was no big deal!</p>

<p>Orientation, fall schedule in hand and graduation in a week!</p>

<p>omama-
That’s exactly what I’m thinking.</p>