When does Miami EA hear back?

<p>What date do we hear back from Umiami if we applied EA??</p>

<p>Freshman</a> applicant deadlines | University of Miami</p>

<p>Yeah, February is pretty late...</p>

<p>lol what was the point of ea then ?</p>

<p>I think it will be around the 3rd week of January. If you look back at old posts from last year, that is when people got EA notice.</p>

<p>Well, the deposit is due 5/1, so at least you have 3 months to make a decision instead of two weeks.</p>

<p>
[quote]
lol what was the point of ea then ?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I'm guessing, and its only a guess, is that Miami does not want to accept a bunch of kids EA, only to have them withdraw their application after an ED acceptance elsewhere bcos Miami is their safety.</p>

<p>They are already figuring on 5,000+ kids not going however...</p>

<p>many colleges either have ED or EA. If the notifications for both were the same, many would figure they should apply EA. With ED, you get to find out a lot earlier</p>

<p>and also I think that they like to see what their RD pool looks like before they finalize the EA decisions, just a thought</p>

<p>i can't wait.</p>

<p>Yeah, I'm going pretty crazy here...</p>

<p>What are we thinking? A week? More?</p>

<p>Anyone know if they will post it on myUM aswell? </p>

<p>I know some schools will mail them out before the posted Feb. 1st date, and then post them online at the posted date...if that make any sense. Looking at the dates a year ago, it seems like that is possible.</p>

<p>If you look at past threads, they had the whole "pop up" thing on myUM. I think people will start getting popups within the next two weeks.</p>

<p>I actually think that people will be getting popups within the next week, and actual acceptances within the next two weeks.</p>

<p>yeah, it's pretty exciting!</p>

<p>Don't worry if you hear that other kids have gotten positive responses before you receive your decision. UM sends out all decisions (admits, deferrals and rejections) in random order. A few years back, my S was one of the last on CC to hear his EA decision and it was very good news. Good luck to you all.</p>

<p>Also, if you do get a pop-up, you may want to print it out as it only appears one time.</p>

<p>^ thanks for the advice. I always worry because it does seem that colleges give out all the acceptances, then the rejections, etc.</p>

<p>Does any one know if the decisions are going to be released early this year? Maybe the 24th like last year. Thanks</p>