When should I expect a decision? + other Q's

<p>Hey everyone. Bama received all of my materials on July 19th. I am wondering when I should be expecting a decision? Also, how will I be notified? Will I get an email, letter in the mail, etc?</p>

<p>Should I complete the application for scholarships before I get my decision?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance :)</p>

<p>Bama had all my D’s material 6 July – still no acceptance. </p>

<p>Admissions told my D via chat that they would not start looking at Fall 12 admission requests until August. </p>

<p>D had her CWID in less than 48 hours which allowed her to log onto mybama and fill out the Scholarship App (yes go ahead and fill it out). We actually were able to log onto mybama with her SSAN prior to getting the CWID via email. </p>

<p>From what we’ve learned on this site, you get a nice letter and frameable acceptance certificate via snail mail – but you can go to academics tab on mybama and see when new student folder appears that allows you to pay bill, put in for honors, etc. When you get this the letter should be following shortly because you are accepted.</p>

<p>Admissions told me they did not send an email to notifiy of acceptance.</p>

<p>Ugh I guess I will just have to wait a bit longer :frowning: </p>

<p>Thank you for your quick response!</p>

<p>Bama operates with a skeleton crew in July.</p>

<p>Someone reported that Bama is going to process the apps in August.</p>

<p>I looked and we received my daughter’s acceptance letter and frameable certificate in Sept. of last year. You will find out your acceptance online before you get the snail mail acceptance. Assuming it happens the way as last year.</p>

<p>Nevertheless, I remember a little happy dance last year when D received her very first acceptance from Bama.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Yes…fill out the scholarship app!</p>

<p>And after you’re accepted, fill out the honors college app.</p>

<p>Cuttlefish, do you remember when your daughter had all of her application items in? July, August, September? Thanks.</p>

<p>Does The AU application require essays? My daughter has been working all month on essays for other schools. Seems like this application might be much easier…</p>

<p>No essays for the application or the scholarship applications. D hasn’t filled them out yet, but my understanding is that there is a simple essay for the Honors College, and more important essays for University Fellows and CBHP.</p>

<p>vlines: I believe all of my D’s application materials were in by the end of July or sooner.</p>