When UCs calculate GPA..?

<p>alright, i am only applying to UC Santa Cruz, out of the UCs

1. i have heard that when UCs calculate GPAs, they count Ds as 0 points, instead of 1, does anyone know if this is true? </p>

<li><p>My sophomore year i took spanish 3, an optional class but still A-G, and got 2 Ds, and then i was basically pressured into retaking it, and got a C, and then and F. The teacher is crazy and it was harder than any class i have ever taken. Which grades do UCs count towards their GPA calculation. My school counts the first semester the second time i took it, (C), and the second semester the first time I took it(D), so i end up having a C and D that count towards my gpa. </p></li>
<li><p>So i end having a 2.95 non augmented, and an 3.35 augmented for my high school, since they cap it at only 8 semesters of honors and AP classes.</p></li>
<li><p>I got an 1800 on my SAT so im hoping thats good enough to push me in, but you never know, but the more crucial thing is how they score my GPA. Does anyone truly know the answers to these questions, please respond. Any responses are gladly appreciated.</p></li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li><p>D is 1. </p></li>
<li><p>Your language course is a C one semester, D the other. However, be aware you cannot use a D to meet a course requirement in the A-G requirements. In other words, that semester of D cannot be counted to reach the total number of high school courses required for admisson so I assume you have other courses to get to the total required courses. Also note that though the C and D will be used to calculate GPA for the purpose of determining eligibility, a UC, in evaluating admission, can consider that F and the other D.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>thanks for the reply</p>

<p>I have other courses to count for the subject requirements.</p>

<p>However, do you know the realistic chances of them counting the other F and the D,like, is it a slight chance they will count it, or the probably will count it. Sorry to be so crazy about it, its just that it might decide weather i get in or not, haha</p>