Which J-School Should I Pick?!

<p>I am now set on going to school for Journalism, but I just can't seem to pick which college I'd like to go to. My dilema is this: I can go to NYU or USC for 60k a year, 45-50ish after financial aid, but I also got accepted in state to PSU and got full scholarships to Florida Atlantic Unviersity and Florida Gulf Coast University. Everywhere I look everyone says journalism is a very poor paying career to start off in (I'd like to get in to reporting the tech industry if that accounts for anything). Is it worth paying all this money for a J-School major at a big school, or going to J-school for free at either of these two smaller colleges that I've fallen in love with (campuses are beautiful). Will they not get me a job after graduation versus the other two? </p>

<p>Thanks for the help! :D</p>

<p>Look into Mizzou - it’s got a very highly regarded J school</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply, but it would be too late for me to apply there now :(</p>

<p>I’d take the full scholarship. You don’t want massive debt when you graduate, especially on a journalist’s salary. Besides, if you’re a talented journalist, you can succeed from any school. Although USC is a great school for journalism. </p>

<p>Jw, isn’t it late to choose a school? O.o</p>

<p>Okay, if I took the full scholarship at the lesser known FAU and then went to grad school somewhere big like NYU, Mizzou, or CUNY for journalism, would that be just as good as going to USC for the undergrad job wise?</p>

<p>Yeah, that’s fine. Take the full scholarship, you don’t want to be in debt. Columbia’s also a great grad school for journalism.</p>

<p>I agree with the previous posts. Take the full ride, and aim for a good grad school. As long as you’re passionate for the field, driven, and good at it, you’ll succeed in journalism no matter where you went to school. :)</p>