Who received their NHRP awards yet?!

<p>I got mine yesterday!!! The counselor hasn’t given me the certificate however. Congrats to my fellow Hispanic Scholars. :)</p>

<p>Cubanteacherintx and entomom,</p>

<p>Thanks for the info on Ohio state. It is funny because today my DS got a nice email from the Office of Minority Affairs telling him about the visits and scholarships. He is finishing up his essay and will hopefully submit it this week. He is interested in their international scholars program so thanks for the info.</p>

<p>I found a few more NHRP scholarship giving schools and will try to post it tonite.
itsv.</p>

<p>My son received the letter in NY! I wonder if we’ll be able to tell if any new promotional material is generated from this. He’s already been getting a lot.</p>

<p>Yeah, Anthony, my counselor hasn’t gotten it from them yet either, so I took it down there and she was really happy and impressed and hugged me (she’s my friend’s mom so it’s not weird lol).</p>

<p>She told me that colleges would start to receive the supposed CD that Collegeboard sends out with all our names on it right around October, but some may have been able to get it earlier because I have had several offers of free applications, notably from Yale, St. Edwards, Colorado School of Mines, and Kettering. I would recommend for anyone who is kinda behind on the admissions process to get their stuff in gear, as a lot of these Universities will accept you as soon as Oct. 15th.</p>

<p>Good luck to all of us! =D</p>

<p>Per Entomom’s suggestion (I am 25% hispanic but originally didn’t think anything other that caucasian could be marked) I contacted College Board in early September and was confirmed to be a NHRP scholar - so thank you again very much. College Board stated that the CD was mailed initially in early September and will go out monthly starting October but at the end of each month.</p>