Will getting a hotel room be a headache

<p>My S is currently on the Alabama Action Abroad trip in Ecuador. They fly into Atlanta on the 16th just before 4PM. Then after getting their luggage, they make the drive back to Tuscaloosa. After that, he’ll need to eat something and then he wants to get some stuff out of storage that he wants home for the summer. Then he’s got a 7-8 hour drive home.</p>

<p>We talked about it before he left and he said it was OK if I got him a hotel room that night and then he’d just drive home on the 17th. But he’s still only 18.</p>

<p>Quick research indicates that a lot of hotel rooms won’t allow anyone under 21 to check-in and that’s further complicated in Alabama since he can’t sign legal contracts at 18.</p>

<p>I’ve read that some chains will rent to younger customers and that some will allow parents to fax IDs and info to provide consent. I’d prefer not to call every hotel in the area to find out if any will allow us to book a room.</p>

<p>Has anyone had a child/child’s friend book a hotel in the area? Are there any recommendations on which hotels might allow him to book a room or at least allow me to book a room for him remotely?</p>

<p>If it’s too much of a headache, he has some friends staying in town for the summer, so he can just find a couch to sleep on that night.</p>

<p>You might want to check with one of the B&B’s in T-Town. Not sure if they will work with you but they will not have some of the general corporate red tape that many of the chains have to deal with.</p>

<p>Just call the hotel directly and talk to the Manager. D stayed in a hotel
At 16 and used her bank card to pay without difficulty.</p>

<p>As the others have said, call the hotels directly and ask to speak to a manager. Alternatively, you can call one of the national chains and ask about the minimum age to rent a hotel room. Most will say that it’s 18.</p>

<p>If your son looks old enough and has a major credit card, he will likely not have any problems, especially if it’s late at night.</p>