Will it matter if I messed up the family income part on my UC application?

<p>hi guys, i made a HUGE mistake on the family income part, here is the mistake:(a family of 4)</p>

<p>income for 2007 i put 16k, later i found out when i was filling out fafsa was 21k. income for 2008 i put 18k then again i found out it gunna be 25k. will this mistake effect me?</p>

<p>putting lower will only help you...
but if they found out ur lying...</p>

<p>They can easily find out whether or not that's true. Just contact all the schools you applied to and correct your mistake.</p>

<p>If I recall, they can't factor in your financial status in admissions, only in scholarships. Whether that's true or not, I second with the others here and fix the information.</p>

<p>so what do i really need to do now? write up a mail then send to the Office of Admissions or just call?</p>

<p>Well, I filled out my application with a professional college admissions counselor. She told me that when you are filling out the application, you are only putting your ESTIMATED family income. So, therefore, you don't know for sure what your income is when applying. She also said that they RARELY cross check them with FAFSA. </p>

<p>If you are really really worried, I would call, just in case, however, I'm pretty sure you're fine.</p>

<p>The only thing they would probably REALLY care about is if you lied by a considerable amount to receive fee waiver....and fee waiver is given below 40,000, I believe, so both of your numbers are fine in that case.</p>

<p>I wouldn't worry about it -- your numbers are all low and that is what UC is considering. They know that you must ESTIMATE three months early. Being off by a few $k is not material. Now, if you put $18k but your income was really $88k.....</p>