Will Virginia Tech revoke my admission?

So I currently have a 3.6 GPA and the transition to online school has not been the best for me this semester. I intend on choosing the Pass/Fail option for 4 of 5 classes and I am worried VT may assume I did poorly in those classes, however, I got B’s in them and I want to save my GPA. The classes I am choosing Pass/Fail are required for my current major, but only 2 of them will transfer over to VT. I’m pretty sure my GPA resets when I get to VT, but I feel accomplished with my grades over the past few years and don’t want to tank my GPA due to online schooling conditions. I had A’s and high B’s in those classes before the switch online and am frustrated given some of my professors just did not provide as much material/assistance on the online platforms.

I can’t imagine that a single semester transcript that is all B’s is going to negatively impact your transfer admission. I’m almost 100% certain that your GPA resets - the credits carry, but the grades do not.

You should contact transfer admissions NOW to be certain. One thing you need to get clarified is if VT will accept transfer credits for a course taken P/F. That could be a sticking point.

I’ve heard that universities are very aware of the challenges current high schoolers have faced in transitioning to online learning, so my guess is that you’ll be fine. And for what it’s worth - my son (VT class of 2019) had a severe case of high school “senioritis” once he accepted at VT. I was so worried that his admission would be revoked that I spoke to his high school counselor about it. The counselor said that only in extreme cases would a school actually revoke an offer (such as in the case of fraud or lying on an application, or flunking classes).

So hang tight - and Go Hokies!