Wow Week of Welcome Schedule 2011

<p>I don’t know about a Family Dinner on Friday night. I don’t think it would be like a real everybody 'sit down" dinner (not enough room!).</p>

<p>Where did you read that? Wow doesn’t really start until Sat.</p>

<p>I don’t remember where I originally read about the “Family Dinner.” But just now I found a brief mention of it in the 2011 UA Family Orientation booklet:</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.universityparent.com/sites/default/files/2011-university-of-alabama-orientation-WEB.pdf[/url]”>http://www.universityparent.com/sites/default/files/2011-university-of-alabama-orientation-WEB.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>From this page, it appears to be just a chance to drop by a dining hall and grab a bite. If anyone knows differently, please let me know…I’d be most grateful! We are making plans for the family’s road trip, and making lodging decisions.</p>

<p>^
TBH, I’d skip it- it’s (more or less) a few dozen families visiting Lakeside Dining during regular hours. For a better family dinner, I’d pick a sit-down restaurant on the Strip or elsewhere.</p>

<p>I would skip it.</p>

<p>If the “family dinner” is like last year -it was just “come to Lakeside and grab a bite”. There was a huge line to get down the stairs and into the dining room. If you haven’t seen Lakeside Dining it might be interesting and yes, they had better food than usual. I know they had steak and mushrooms. Seating was hard to get as well. So, if you want a relaxing meal with your family, I would suggest a restaurant. Although it was nice that some of us CC’ers sat together.</p>

<p>How does the NMF Laptop award fit in with WOW? I believe I read on CC that it is awarded the day before classes start? Will it interfere with participating in Ripple Effect?</p>

<p>Also, is this something parents go to? I wouldn’t think so since it is after all the other move-in festivities and most would be gone, but thought I would double check.</p>

<p>I’ve never heard of parents going to the NM laptop thing. </p>

<p>I think last year, the school divided the NM group into 2 groups for the awards.</p>

<p>I wonder who would be the right person to email to find out if there will be a conflict.</p>

<p>Though perhaps not an official WOW event, there is also Greekfest, sponsored by Costa Del Mar, Friday night, the 26th. The headliner is Dierks Bentley with two other acts TBA. Tickets should go on sale in the next few weeks.</p>