Yale Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is great info. Thank you very much!

1 Like

OK so I am worried. If you donā€™t get a Yale interview but your classmates do, does that mean you are rejected?

1 Like

No there were kids in the ReA who didnā€™t have an interview and got in.

2 Likes

Are there any known early signs of admission (other than a likely letter)
Is it a good sign if they request more info?

4 Likes

received an alumni interview two weeks ago. Iā€™m in SoCal (the dude was from NYC tho lol) and then I finished my Senior Interview last week.

Congrats! This question is for Yale students and anybody with a good knowledge of the Yale admission process -
My DD got a SID number from financial aid office asking her for a document - does that mean she got in? Iā€™ve been hearing SIDS are only reserved for matriculated students.

Thanks!

1 Like

Honestly not sure if this is helpful. My sonā€™s SID number only started showing up on emails after he was accepted. Good luck to her!

3 Likes

The decision date is 2 months away. That alone should answer your question.

4 Likes

Did you get deferred from SCEA or applying RD?

2 Likes

hello! For anyone who submitted an update to yale when you submit an update in the applicant portal does the confirmation email usually list the uploaded document if one was included in the update. I submitted a letter of continued interest a couple of weeks ago and was just looking at the confirmation email and noticed there was no mention of an uploaded document. It just listed the type of update and description. I am pretty confident that I included the document in my update but I wanted to check and see if everyone elseā€™s confirmation emails did not mention an uploaded document.

Why not just call Yale and ask if they received it? I know when my DD called to ask where to send they reiterated multiple times over the phone no more than 1 page and only 1 update. So resending would prob annoy them maybe best just calling and confirming. And I donā€™t even know if my Dd received an email confirmation.

2 Likes

Yes, we received a similar email, with just the update type and description. Nothing else. Youā€™re good. Like @Have_faith143 said, donā€™t send more than one update as they clearly indicated not to do that.

3 Likes

My DD also said she received a confirmation email and she said that in the portal there is no list for loci just update so it should be fine nothing to worry about. Just enjoy the next two months.

3 Likes

Has anyone received an interview from Yale RD -in the following regions? If so when?

Tx - Dallas
Tx- round rock
Please please let me know. My son and my niece are freaking.

1 Like

My son in Virginia hasnā€™t received any :frowning:

2 Likes

Ditto here in VAā€¦RD, no interview requestā€¦yet :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

where does she see a SID number?

nope. not yet. someone iā€™m acquainted with does them and he said heā€™s not had one in a while. I donā€™t know what that means at all.
did all that were admitted on this thread get them?
curious.

2 Likes

any interviews for the bay area yet?

Can someone who got in early round please let us know if they had an interview?

2 Likes