Young Arts 2022-2023

random question- does one have to be a finalist in order to be a winner? or are they separate?

The finalists are the main “winners” who get to go to Miami, but the honorable mention and merit winners are also considered as winners recognized by Youngarts (just not to the same level as the finalists).

3 Likes

anyone receive an email yet?

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything

no

Nothing here too

what time do they usually come out?

Last two years the results have been posted at 9:30 A.M. so emails start about 24 hrs before the posting deadline which is Dec 6 this year, so we should start receiving emails any time soon. Good luck to everyone.

are you 100% sure emails start the day before?

Not 100% but this is what I have found by reading previous year’s threads.

yes they do

so far they aren’t out yet probably for any category

wait but if they do start the day before
 why haven’t they released it??

The emails are sent out the day before but aren’t officially announced on the website until the 6th. It sounds like emails might be coming out soon at 9:30 EST.

is it not already past 9:30 AM EST? Or do you mean 9:30PM?

1 Like

Even if you don’t receive an email, I wouldn’t worry too much and just wait to see if your name is on the list tomorrow. Some things are prone to be missed and emails might not get sent out all at once. Things can change from year to year.

Shoot, you’re right. I’m in CST and thought EST was an hour behind for some reason LOL. Someone said they are announced around 9:30 on the 6th every year, but didn’t specify what time zone. I assumed EST but didn’t think through it all the way!

Oh no worries. Do you know if that meant ALL results come out at 9:30 on the 6th? Or just specifically emails?

I’ve heard ALL results are announced on the 6th, possibly at 9:30. 9:30 seems like a general time, and like I said, it’s prone to change. I wouldn’t look for a specific time to check, but rather just look a few times a day or see what people are saying on here.

1 Like

So wait, just to clarify, 9:30 pm or am? or do we not know?