2+2 BSN Options

<p>I plan to attend UIUC and complete all prerequisites to enter a nursing program after 2 years. Ideally I would like to the UIC nursing program on the UIUC campus, but I dont know how competitive that is going to be. Right now the only other alternative that I think I would also like is UW-Madison's program. I need to think of some safety schools that I wouldn't mind to transfer into.</p>

<p>So anyone know of nursing programs that you apply to your sophomore year that would suit me? My HS gpa is 3.8 ACT is 29 and I've take mostly honors/AP classes. I would like to attend a big university preferably in the midwast.</p>

<p>I’d seriously consider a direct entry school and NOT take the risk of not being admitted into the second half of the BSN program. The feedback from the UIUC forum didn’t sound very positive. Hopefully this is something you considered in advance and have some direct entry Plan B alternatives. Good Luck!
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-illinois-urbana-champaign/1442153-uic-urbana-nursing-question.html#post15290243[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-illinois-urbana-champaign/1442153-uic-urbana-nursing-question.html#post15290243&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I am aware that there is a chance I may not be accepted, but I’m still going to try my best. I’m just looking for some alternatives that I can also apply to after 2 years, in case I don’t get in. I am already set on attending UIUC for 2 years.</p>

<p>Without knowing what your college GPA is after the first 3 semesters it will be difficult for anyone to offer suggestions if you aren’t accepted by UIUC. I’d start looking into the transfer requirements for all the BSN programs in the geographical area (Midwest) that you are interested. Fortunately the Midwest has quite a few so as long as your GPA is above 3.0…you should have a few choices. Keep in mind that there are usually FAR fewer transfer positions available in the BSN SON than freshman slots. Good Luck!</p>

<p>I plan on doing the same thing! While it remains true that 4-year BSN programs provide security, I’m not completely sure that nursing is what I want to do (I’m torn between nursing and public health). If I decide to change, I won’t have useless and unrelated nursing credits.</p>

<p>Unrelated: I loved UIUC’s campus! So beautiful :)</p>