2014 African Americans!

<p>I just got into UGA-Honors College!! how exciting!!</p>

<p>^Congrats!</p>

<p>Congrats just4, head on over to post info. Hopefully you’ll post info in thread below :cool:
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/824871-official-2014-african-american-results-thread.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/824871-official-2014-african-american-results-thread.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Hi, guys! Obviously, I’m new to this thread…
umm as for me, I’ve only applied to 3 schools, and I’m not trying to get into the Ivies. I’ve applied to Washington University in St. Louis, Saint Louis University (by which i was already accepted), and early decision to Rice. Rice’s admission notifications come out really soon (tomorrow or maybe as late as Monday). We’ll see how it goes!!</p>

<p>I got accepted to columba ed too!! but you know what was rude? or perhaps just competitive idk. i posted it on my facebook and while everyone was saying congrats this one guy just flat out asks for my SAT score on my wall :frowning: ugh, people sometimes.</p>

<p>yes…just anxiously waiting</p>

<p>yeah mines a 3.4… :frowning: yet georgetown, uchicago, and yale are my first choices
SAT was 2050, ACT 29 (2x), have a lot of EC’s though and Pres/VP positions. plus some statewide EC positions. better than Yale-type-average essays and interviews</p>

<p>i can’t tell if i’m applying over my head or if i can get lucky</p>

<p>I look forward to meeting you asdas209! What do you plan on studying?</p>

<p>Chorapanese, I have faith in you :slight_smile: I am applying to yale too</p>

<p>MorganSimone,</p>

<p>much thanks, but I was indeed deferred for Georgetown</p>

<p>That doesn’t mean anything at all. When one door closes, another opens :slight_smile: Some of the brightest students get rejected from Harvard but get accepted at Princeton and/or Yale. Keep your head up :-)</p>

<p>I got into Georgetown today! I almost felt bad telling my sister since it was her dream school 2 years ago and I had become somewhat disenchanted after my horrible interview. So, I’m really glad my first American decision was an acceptance and I am 5 for 5, 100%! With UChicago and MIT coming out this week (and Cambridge in the beginning of January) I don’t think I will keep my acceptance streak for long.</p>

<p>Accepted to Georgetown also :)</p>

<p>Okay so not to be a creeper but I’m just wondering
@MorganSimone, did you go to TASP?
@Millancad, is it possible that you attended Discover Swarthmore?</p>

<p>You both sound veryyyyy familiar to me.</p>

<p>@Decanela, nope I never went there unfortunately. And congrats on your acceptances! I am soooo nervous about the schools I am applying to!</p>

<p>i checked out both gates & ron brown . i am not eligible because my permanent residency status is currently pending. =/</p>

<p>morgansimone - have a little faith. (: goodluck !</p>

<p>Thank you, kryshel :-)</p>

<p>hey you guys I have been wondering about this for some time. If my mom attended Columbia University for a year, do you think admissions look at that, or if your cousin and uncle went to Cornell and graduated from there?</p>

<p>They do if you put it on there, I think. If your mom went and dropped out or transferred, it probably wouldn’t be best to mention it though.</p>

<p>I got accepted Rice ED</p>