2015 AAs Where Are You Applying?

<p>Possible Majors: Psychology, Neuroscience</p>

<p>I will be taking classes that satisfy requirements for med school, though. </p>

<p>Schools:
Princeton
Harvard
Yale
NYU
University of Pittsburgh
Duke
Stanford</p>

<p>Intended Majors: Architecture or Graphic Design</p>

<p>Carnegie Mellon
Columbia
Cooper Union
Georgetown
American
NYU
Boston U
Northeastern U
U Penn
Penn State</p>

<p>^ Cooper Union <3
I’m so ready to have this done. Just need those teacher recs and then I can chill lol</p>

<p>Someone apply to Cornell!!</p>

<p>I’m applying to Cornell!!</p>

<p>Revised List:
Columbia
Cornell
Princeton
Harvard
Cambridge
Yale
U of Chicago
Barnard
UPenn
Dartmouth
Duke
NC State
Stanford</p>

<p>Potential Majors:
East Asian Studies and Biology/Physiology</p>

<p>^That’s a lot of supplement writing you’re setting yourself up for.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>My heart stopped for a moment. 8O)</p>

<p>dear everyone-on-this-page-except-alexisxcudi,</p>

<p>add some match schools <3 it’s not top20 or bust.</p>

<p>^Solid advice.</p>

<p>Ah, match schools! In addition to Barnard, I’ve added Boston College, Smith, and [url=&lt;a href=“http://www.hillsdale.edu%5DHillsdale%5B/url”&gt;http://www.hillsdale.edu]Hillsdale[/url</a>] to that part of my list. My fingers are crossed that I’ll be able to attend Smith’s Women of Distinction program, and I’ve been in contact with students at Hillsdale for a few weeks now. Hillsdale was my last-choice match because of its location, conservative bent, and low percentage of minorities represented. Now I’m in love with it. Go figure. </p>

<p>And I’ve chosen Simmons College and UMBC as my safeties. If UMBC weren’t in Maryland (especially Baltimore) I’d like it more, but then again, it’s my safety school because it’s in Maryland and I’d get in-state tuition. (Oh, and College Park doesn’t vibe with me at all.) :stuck_out_tongue: Oh well. It’s a decent school and I have a fair shot at merit aid. It’ll do.</p>

<p>Cornell - ED
MIT
Virginia Tech</p>

<p>^^I’m not too sure Barnard should be considered a match school or UMBC should be thought of as a safety.</p>

<p>Here is my list
Intended Major - Communication/Journalism or Chemistry (Hopefully double Major)</p>

<ol>
<li>Yale University (apply early action)</li>
<li>UNC Chapel Hill</li>
<li>UVA</li>
<li>University of Pennsylvania</li>
<li>Cornell University</li>
<li>Northeastern University</li>
<li>Northwestern University</li>
<li>Boston University</li>
</ol>

<p>I plan on attending Yale for medical school, is it better than I attend Yale for undergrad, because I’d rather go for grad, will it increase my chances if I go to a different school then go to Yale? I’m going to be a pediatric surgeon, OB/GYN, neonatalogists, or pediatric emergency medicine.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>First of all, one does not “plan” on acceptance to one of the most selective institutions in the world. Sorry to be a bit brusque, but it had to be said.</p>

<p>If you get into Yale for undergrad, it shouldn’t have too much of an effect on your admission into the medical school program, as they do not have an overt preference for matriculants at the undergraduate college. Granted, you may receive some small benefits, but not enough to compensate for other factors (high MCAT and GPA, meaningful research, etc).</p>

<p>Thanks for the brusque statement. Makes me feel better. But thanks for the advice though. The things is that WHEN I get into Yale undergrad, the deciding factor will be if it will help get into their medical school or not. If it doesn’t really matter I would rather go to a public Ivy League school like UNC or UVA for undergrad, pay less, stand out more, and then do well on the MCAT and go to Yale for medical school and residency. Thanks though</p>

<p>After looking at your previous post, drjotengii, I must say that you’re overestimating your chances. Please don’t be overly brash here; your braggadocio is not appreciated when I am simply offering you a realistic assessment of how things stand. I had a higher SAT equivalent score, far more ECs than the ones you listed, and was waitlisted. Are you being recruited by their athletic program?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>UNC and UVA are both excellent institutions. However, I’ll say it again: being a Yale undergraduate student does not guarantee preferential treatment in admission to Yale’s professional schools.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>RE: UMBC: Even for in-state??? I got the impression that UMBC would be a safety for me based on my residency, due to the geographical makeup of its student body (~90% from MD). Stats-wise it is a match, I must admit, but with the acceptance rate (70%) and the ridiculously high number of the student population made up of in-state residents I figured I wouldn’t have to worry about getting in.</p>

<p>Major: Theatre w/pre-med track</p>

<p>Hope
Calvin
Bowling Green (already admitted)
Michigan State
Western Michigan
Smith
Skidmore
Muhlenberg</p>

<p>91% GPA ~ 3.7 UW GPA
Class Rank: School doesn’t rank
Course Rigor: Nearly all IB courses
2250+ Predicted SAT
750 Math II; Chemistry</p>

<p>1.) Duke (ED)
2.) Harvard
3.) Princeton
4.) Yale
5.) Cornell
6.) Columbia
7.) Chicago
8.) Johns Hopkins
9.) Washington at St.Louis
10.) Notre Dame
11.) Stanford</p>

<p>If you guys don’t mind, could you give me a quick chance at these places too?</p>

<p>Born in Nigeria
Grown up in Canada (Canadian Student)
Upper-Middle Class Income Bracket</p>

<p>Great ECs (Basketball, football, Air Cadets, Acting/Modelling, etc)
Great Rec Letters and Essay writing.</p>

<p>EDIT: I am also applying to schools in Canada, which will be used as my safeties :)</p>

<p>1.) McGill
2.) Toronto
3.) Queens
4.) Alberta
5.) Calgary</p>

<p>I desperately want to go to UVa or Duke. Other schools I am considering are WUSTL, Emory, and William and Mary. I’m just scared I won’t be admitted anywhere because my SAT score is disastrous. :(</p>