2021-2022 USC Transfer

If you submitted anything for Spring Grades really, the system automatically updates it to a green check mark. I verified this by uploading a PDF of my grades I made myself. But, I think you would need to submit an unofficial or official PDF of your grades from the University itself. In other words, if you’ve received your Spring grades already and uploaded an official or unofficial copy of those from your uni, u should b fine - the green check mark does not validate if your SGR has been manually reviewed by admissions.

Note: also this is speculation, but I think even if u were to self report your Spring Grades to the portal without an SGR, that does not bar you from the chance of still getting an SGR

2 Likes

Will someone send the USC transfer discord link again

Just FYI ev1 I received an email from an AO about the SGR green checkmark - they verified the system automatically updates this whenever some1 sends in any Spring Grades, and it is NOT an indication that your Spring Grades have been manually verified. They want to see your final, not in-progress, Spring Grades, but unofficial copies from the university are fine. Final SGR decisions for students who go to Quarter schools, such as me, are expected to arrive late June/early July (with mid July being the latest).

1 Like

If I haven’t received an SGR by now is it evident that I’ll just be receiving a decision soon?

@renritaG this is the discord link

https://■■■■■■■■■■/EBF2PjGe

What if all my stats are good and I meet all pre reqs but I didn’t complete all my GE like very few maybe 3 of them are in one section, would that give them a reason to reject me?

Same here!!! Hope we both get in!!! :tired_face::pray:t3:

2 Likes

The admissions officers would like to see you try and complete a good amount of the GE coursework simply because it would slightly set you back for you to take them at USC, and they want people who can graduate on time and compete with their freshmen. It is by no means a disqualifier, but it may somewhat hinder your competitiveness. You should be fine with a good gpa and having completed pre-rec’s. Good luck!

1 Like

praying for both of us!!! :pray:t4: :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Just got rejected from upenn and cornell, USC Marshall is like my last hope…

5 Likes

If decisions come out this Thursday or Friday (May 20 or May 21st) last like year, ima be cryin tears of either joy or sadness. :kissing:

1 Like

hope everyone is well and prioritising mental health! :smiley:

6 Likes

Took my lithium pills today so id say im doing my part lol

3 Likes

not necessarily… SGRs can still be rolling out on up to 31May.

2 Likes

is SGR a requirement?

SGR (Spring Grade Requests) is the USC Admissions office requesting your final Spring Grades. It is not a requirement to submit unless asked to do so. However, most in here I believe have submitted their final grades (unofficial) as soon as they completed their semester and grades were posted, regardless if they were asked to or not, onto their USC portal in hopes to avoid the SGR and hope to get a final decision on or before 31May. The reason fir this is if you receive an SGR you may be delayed until mid-June or early July before you receive a final decision

3 Likes

Also, I would like to note it’s possible to get your final decision sooner once you submit your grades. Mid-June or early July is worse case or for those on a quarter system and they do not end their semester until later in the summer.

@Smtransferguy glad you got it confirmed so you don’t spend more time on home grown pdfs. :grin:

1 Like

@Djx You have to complete at least 2 GEs at USC anyway, and there are other classes more important for each major. So GEs aren’t the barn burner. I can’t tell how many you have remaining to do or if you are coming in as soph or junior transfer, but either way, you will know soon. Instead of re-creating the wheel, here’s a copy paste I’m sure you guys are familiar with…

Transfer students must complete a minimum of 64 units in residence at USC, or half the units typically required for graduation. A few exceptions are noted below.

While in residence at USC, you are also expected to:

• Complete all upper-division units in your major and minor.
  • Complete WRIT 340, a minimum of two Core Literacy GE courses, and any remaining General Education courses not taken before entering USC.
  • Take all your fall- and spring-semester courses for credit at USC. Courses may be taken at other institutions only during summer sessions, with limitations.
2 Likes

Good luck all - I’ll be at USC for the rest of the week but still following along closely! Graduation finishes Thursday, let’s hope they shuffle on back to release some transfer decisions on Friday! If they don’t pull it off Friday for some crazy reason, then I would expect Mon/Tues. I don’t think they will drag it out to the end of next week and right up against a 3 day weekend. They want it done too.

6 Likes