A Wonderful Trip to Tuscaloosa!

<p>Just spent a spectacular 24 hours on campus with my sophomore D! Normally, we visit on game days or move in/out and it is crowded and crazy. This time I decided to go over midweek and move some of the larger stuff home from her dorm. Here’s a recap of my quick, but busy trip:</p>

<p>Arrived around 11:30 and grabbed a 2 day parking permit from Transportation and left my car in the Ferg lot.<br>
City Cafe for lunch - yummy veggies and buttermilk pie!
Shopping in downtown Northport.
Went to tour and sign lease for next year’s apartment and a quick drive along the river!
We both curled up on her dorm bed for a quick, refreshing nap!
I packed some stuff while she was in a late class.
Dinner at Mugshots with several of her friends and a quick run through downtown.
Attended “The Well” church service with her and hundreds of her closest friends. Received lots of hugs from some wonderful students - many who have come through my guest room in ATL!
Back to her dorm for a late night/early morning mom-daughter chat. Great night of sleep on her dorm bed - she slept on the couch.
Woke the next morning to a beautiful, breezy day on campus and enjoyed a nice walk to my car at the Ferg.
Drove to her dorm, loaded up my van, enjoyed one last hug and headed down McFarland saying a quick prayer as I remembered the devastating events of just a year ago.
Stopped in B’ham for a quick visit with my niece and her kids, ran through a couple of outlet stores in Leeds and still got home before rush hour ATL traffic in time to take my junior son to pick up his prom tux and watch 4 Bama players get drafted in the 1st round!</p>

<p>Oddly, I feel very refreshed after my 32 hour adventure. As a Bama native living in a big metro area I forget what a great size town Tuscaloosa is and how easy it is to get around the campus and the town (on a non-gameday, of course). It was a great trip and a nice reminder of how happy my D is and how much our family loves The University and the great state of Alabama! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I don’t think that there is such a thing as perfection but your visit comes pretty darn close.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I love City Cafe’s buttermilk pie!</p>

<p>Sounds like a wonderful trip :)</p>

<p>We’ll be there 1 week from today, can’t wait!!! I think we got the LAST hotel room in town except for the Super 8 which is chargin $170 for next Friday night!</p>

<p>I’ve been in Tuscaloosa the last two weekends, and I must say, this is my favorite time of year in Tuscaloosa. Not too hot, and the campus and river are absolutely beautiful. Sitting by the river while waiting for my son to get out of class for a family trip, watching the birds flitter from tree to tree. I must remember to bring my binoculars next spring! While many visit the campus during football season, I highly recommend coming at a slow paced time so you can relax and just enjoy the beauty of the surroundings.</p>

<p>Montegut: I couldn’t agree more!</p>