Accepted or Not?

<p>I am wondering about if I am accepted or not. I applied for the Fall admission of 2012 at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL in October and late November the admissions counselor told me to send more information like my 7th semester grades and new ACT/SAT scores. In January I did so, but it’s the beginning of March and I have yet to hear anything back yet not an acceptance letter or a “Thank you but…” letter. My family and I are starting to get worried and We are trying to figure out if I just need to go to another school and transfer but I would like to start off at UA not anywhere else unless it is definitely necessary. As of February 29 I applied for FASFA and they sent me an email that said they recieved my financial aid papers and if I would like to view it its under the student tab but I have to be accpeted in order to view the student tab, so does that mean I am accepted or I should stop trying and give up?</p>

<p>You should call admissions and check with them. You should also contact the recruiting coordinator for your area. If you don"t know who that is, you can find that info on [The</a> University of Alabama](<a href=“http://www.ua.edu%5DThe”>http://www.ua.edu).</p>

<p>If I call them should I ust tell them what happened or what?</p>

<p>Just tell them exactly what you say in your post. They should be able to give you some idea if there is a problem or if you just need to wait a bit more.</p>

<p>Everyone else who applied around the same time I did said it took about 2 months to hear something back and some said it took shorter, so I dont know how to go about this other than I have been emailing my area rep. and she has been telling me that she doesnt know right now but she has been saying that ever since October.</p>

<p>Forget the rep, then, and call the Admissions Office. I’m sure it will not be the only call like that they receive. Even if they can’t tell you whether you’re admitted or not, they might be able to give you an outside date by which you should hear.</p>

<p>The rep said the this week will be the last week of final decisions but I still havent recieved anything yet. And my friend recieved her financial papers but not a letter so if I haven’t recieved anything does that mean I am not accepted because I am supposed to recieve those papers before anything?</p>

<p>I don’t think anyone here can answer your question. Just call the Admissions Office and ask.</p>

<p>Ok well we are under the tornado watch over here so I will call in the morning thank you anyways!</p>

<p>Are you an incoming frosh or a transfer student?</p>

<p>Why did they want grades from the 7th semester? Were your grades and test scores borderline? What were they?</p>

<p>Did you look on mybama and see if the pay your enrollment link is up?</p>

<p>I’m an incoming freshman and in my 9th grade year i let my graades slip because of my health and my first ACT scores was low but I pulled my GPA up and my scores they were a 1.6 but its to a 2.9 now and on the ACT I made a 17 and on the SAT I made an 800. In order for me to get to that link the student tab has to be up and I have to be accepted in order for that to come up.</p>

<p>It sounds like your test scores are what’s really hurting you. Is your SAT for all 3 sections or for two sections? Did they have you submit a writing sample?</p>

<p>Are you a URM?</p>

<p>Overall I made an 1180 for all 3 parts but the 800 is just for the math and writing. The only writing I submitted was on the SAT and ACT when I took those tests. What is URM?</p>

<p>URM stands for Underrepresented Minority.</p>

<p>Umm I don’t think so. How would I know if I am or not?</p>

<p>Well, usually you know if you are a minority based on your ethnicity. But some colleges have their own definitions based on who they would like to enroll to add diversity to a college campus.</p>

<p>For instance being African American would make you a minority but if you were applying to a traditionally Black college this would probably not help in the selection process.</p>

<p>Some colleges may include ethnic minorities (Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, Native Hawaiian), non-traditional students, single parents, and military veterans as URM’s. Other schools have a more limited view.</p>

<p>Oh ok thats for helping me learn something new today, but yes I am an african american but most of my friends who are african american have already been accepted.</p>

<p>Overall I made an 1180 for all 3 parts but the 800 is just for the math and writing. The only writing I submitted was on the SAT and ACT when I took those tests. What is URM?</p>

<p>===========</p>

<p>Do you mean for the Math + CR? If not, what was your score for the M+CR? That’s what really matters.</p>

<p>Call the school on Monday and ask if they need anything else.</p>

<p>My math + cr is 800 and I already called but I forgot everybody was out early because of the thunderstorm watch.</p>