Accepted students fall 2013

<p>Hi, so I just received my acceptance letter this weekend and am really considering going to UM. I have got accepted to a few schools around where I'm from (California) but I want to have a real college experience away from home. I can't make it to the open house either being that I have school so this will be the only way I can meet a few people and hear from some acceptances:] I am a Junior transfer and was wondering if anyone is planning on getting an apartment near the school and/or wants to get one. I am 90% sure I want to go to this school but I would like to live off campus.</p>

<p>Yay! Same here! except for the CALI part. What’s your major? Have you received financial aid info yet? I’m still waiting on that.</p>

<p>I’m a junior transfer as well, but I’m planning on living in the UV apartments. Why aren’t you interested in living on campus?</p>

<p>RSMAS cuddled me :slight_smile: I got accepted, too</p>

<p>I’m a sociology major! I am planning on transferring to USC Pharmacy School after getting my bachelors at Miami. I have no received any financial aid yet because I sent it in late due to my parents taxes not being ready yet, which was not so smart of me.</p>

<p>I would rather live in an apartment with a few people rather than a dorm room only because it is more of an experience living on my on with responsibilities and I am planning on bringing my car to school which I can’t do if I live on campus.</p>

<p>what is RSMAS?</p>

<p>University of Miami , Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science.</p>

<p>The campus is located at Key Biscayne</p>

<p>why cant you have a car on campus?</p>

<p>And plus it’s cheaper than living on campus. It is just harder to look for roomates though. I’ve been looking on different sites online and it seems sketchy unless you really know that person.</p>

<p>Mellyjelly, I would be careful about the room-mate thing. Most people stay in the dorm freshman year. There is a apt complex next to UM called The Commons (very nice). A lot of sophomore, juniors rent there. If you plan to visit you may drop by and find out if they have any post board. Also you could keep a tread going here. I know a lot of parents that are considering renting apt for their kids to save in monthly fees and meal plans.</p>

<p>I know that when I talked to the admissions office she told me no cars allowed if you are dorming, I am looking for roommates (preferably girls) so if anyone knows a place or knows someone who needs a roommate let me know on here:]</p>

<p>Nikkiaberg, if you’re a junior transfer you’re allowed to have a car, even if you’re staying in the dorms…</p>

<p>Marinebio444 thank you, they must have misunderstood my question when I asked them. I am still planning on getting an apartment though.</p>