Transfer Students FALL 2013

<p>Hey you guys!</p>

<p>I am transferring as a JUNIOR and I just got my acceptance letter today! :) I'm wondering what are your plans with housing and such. And when are you planning on visiting the campus etc. beforehand? Are most of you in PTK? Because apparently you're only eligible for transfer scholarship if you're also in PTK have a 3.9 GPA... I'm excited and nervous at the same damn time... lol</p>

<p>Hey! I’m applying as a junior transfer, as well! I haven’t received a decision yet. I’m not in PTK, but only because I couldn’t afford the fee to join. I also don’t have a 3.9+ GPA, so I wouldn’t be eligible, anyway, lol. Where are you transferring from?</p>

<p>Yay! Same here. lol. Is it up for review yet? Because I sent all my docs in last month and apparently they forgot to update two of my docs. I had to call them to update the checklist and they finally sent it for review. I got a response three days later.</p>

<p>I’m coming from GA. You?</p>

<p>I don’t see anywhere that says it’s up for review. All my documents are checked off, though, and I called earlier this week and they said all my documents were received. </p>

<p>I live in south Florida, about a 45-minute drive north of UM.</p>

<p>Really? Let me know what happens:) you should just call them and ask what’s going on. Are you planning on dorming?</p>

<p>I will. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and I’ll let you know! And yes, if I can get a dorm, then I definitely will! I missed a lot of the “college experience” my first 2 years by living at home, so I definitely want to take advantage of it when I transfer, (even though it’s not far from where I live). I figure, I’ll need to take out a loan for school, anyway, so, if I’m able to take out a loan large enough for my living expenses as well, then I will. I think it’s worth it. How about you? Would you want to live on campus or in an apartment?</p>

<p>Omgsh girl same here! I need change in my life haha. If dorming gets too pricey for me i might just have to find an apt with a roomate. It’s still not too bad :slight_smile: and definitely call and be persistent. Thats what i did. Let me know how it goes!!!</p>

<p>Whats your stats like?</p>

<p>Exactly! Dorm or apartment, they both sound great to me! lol </p>

<p>I just called. She gave me an email address because she said she only does freshman applicants. So, I just emailed the person who apparently handles transfers and I’m waiting on a response. </p>

<p>My stats:
College GPA: 3.62 (upward trend)
Major: Biology
Career Goal: Physical Therapist
E.C.: Peer Advocate, Honors Institute, Feed the Homeless, Relay for Life, Terracycle, Theater.
First generation college student.
I’m also applying to Emory, UF, and UCF. </p>

<p>You?</p>

<p>GPA: 3.65.
Major: Accounting/Finance (but for some reason they enrolled me as Economics lol)
E.C: Not much, just member of NSCS and trying to join PTK.
Work full-time at a Law Firm</p>

<p>My stats are pretty low. I’m surprised I even got accepted. I’m sure you’ll get in! Why Emory? What’s your first choice? And I think you’re supposed to talk to LaVonia Jackson for transfer students.</p>

<p>lol, I think my stats are low, as well :frowning: Emory’s actually my first choice. My chances are very slim, but I would love to go there. Not only are they ranked very highly overall, but they also have an excellent physical therapy program. I visited Emory last summer and the campus is beautiful. I like the diversity and feel of the campus. </p>

<p>And yeah, that’s who I emailed.</p>

<p>Yah. Emory is beautiful. Your stats are higher than mine, so you’ll be fine. I called today about why I was accepted into Economics College of Arts and Sciences instead of School of Business Accounting, and apparently it’s because I might not meet the pre reqs, which I knew because I still need CALC. However, I just thought I needed to apply first to get in UM. Ugh, it is so frustrating. Lol. And they told me to contact LaVonia, and she takes forever to respond or to answer her calls. Lol</p>

<p>are you guys getting anything regarding financial aid offers? </p>

<p>Got my acceptance back in early March but haven’t seen anything about aid.</p>

<p>my stats:
GPA: CC freshmen yr. (27 credits) 4.0 transferred → mid-tier SC public uni. (15 completed, 20 credits in progress) 4.0 - 4.0 midterms
Major: Public Health & pre-med courses
ECs: URM - military reserves - research in a marine bio lab
also applied: USC, UNC, Vandy, UPenn, Cornell, G-town, Brown, NW</p>

<p>really really want Miami for med school…undergrad appeals also just need to know about Fin aid offer.</p>

<p>congrats to everyone getting in. my letter said 2700 applied for 550 available spots</p>

<p>Anyone planning on living in the UV apartments?</p>

<p>I haven’t even look into housing. Are you going to the open house?</p>

<p>I received my acceptance last week and I read in the booklet that on-campus housing may not be available if you apply for it to late. I’m still waiting to hear back from a few other colleges, does anybody know if I’ll be able to get a dorm if I wait until the last minute to apply? Thanks</p>

<p>Hey everyone, I received my decision about a week ago, maybe even a little earlier than that and well I got accepted haha. One of my friends go here. I’m from California, but I currently go to school at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS). I’m not sure whether I’m going to attend here, waiting for all my UC applications to come in and also waiting on the University of Washington.</p>

<p>When is the latest people usually find out? I still haven’t heard yet :(</p>

<p>Hey guys have you gotten your financial aid package yet for this fall? I think transfer students were supposed to be notified by April 1? I’m not sure…</p>

<p>I’m wondering the same thing. I checked online but it says it is still not available. Please let me know if you find out what’s going on. :)</p>