Accepted to Spring term, what to do?

<p>Did you receive anything yesterday, Collegeiscrazy? Because we are in Miami, and we didn’t. I am reminded that it took 2-3 weeks after DD’s acceptance to UF to get the acceptance letter, so who knows how quick someone would be with a waitlist.</p>

<p>That’s odd, because I thought the policy was they don’t put up decisions on MyUM until the decisions have been mailed. Maybe that’s just for Acceptances and Rejections though? Not sure.</p>

<p>I guess there’s no real reason for them to send wait-list letters right away promptly. I mean, it’s not like they will need the wait-list anytime soon. I think they’d pull from it around May when they start to see how their Fall class has shaped up.</p>

<p>No i didnt receive anything yet. When I spoke to my regional advisor she said I would be emailed which never happened. Of course the portal is where I learned of wait list so Id assume a letter would be here any day now.</p>

<p>Look my niece was wailisted with a Spring acceptance but my sister in law called the school ( her daughter also goes to UM) to see if they could do something about the Fall and they say that they would meet with her but they had to wait until all the first rush of registration is in. UM open house is April 7th. By then most schools would have already replied and they will start to get a feel for the number of actual students they will have.</p>

<p>ddahwan, </p>

<p>Do you know if your niece was originally wait-listed and her decision on her myUM portal was just a wait-list letter? Then from there she received a Spring Admission offer by mail?</p>

<p>Or, alternatively, did her myUM portal decision immediately offer Spring Admission?</p>

<p>I tried to get that answer from my sister in law but was not able to. It is kind of a delicate situation were two cousins applied one got in and one got deferred. Now she got wailisted. But I know she got offered a Spring admission because she told me that they gave her the option to go to DC for a semester. I think it was by email because my daughter said that she was showing it to everyone in school that same Friday.</p>

<p>it looks like if they wanted you for spring they already asked you?</p>

<p>I do not think so. Quite the opposite. The impression I got (and again it is my first year doing this) is that they’ve sent all the acceptance letters but have now to wait to see who will sign in before they can predict how many more spots will be available for Fall or Spring.</p>

<p>Collegeiscrazy, my daughter’s letter came today, and it did contain an offer of spring admission. Her letter online just said waitlist. That said, in the same paragraph as that offer, it mentioned her legacy status (My husband and I and two grandparents attended the U), so I’m not sure if all the letters are the same. Still, it should give you hope to know that they ARE still offering spring admission, and that it did NOT show up on their website.</p>

<p>Congrats to your daughter Proudparent.</p>

<p>Is UMs option in the running for her?</p>

<p>I’m stil waiting for my letter! It’s taking forever!</p>

<p>Yes, she’s still considering it. She actually got accepted to another spring entry program which is one of her top choices as well. So she was already considering what to do for fall.</p>

<p>The letter did not say anything about a program in DC for fall, as some have mentioned. It did say they’d send additional information about the spring offer.</p>

<p>P.S. We’re in Miami, and it took this long. For some reason, college mail is glacial. It took us 9 days to hear from one school out of state, and it wasn’t even that faraway a state.</p>

<p>Congrats proud parent2! I have been anxiously awaiting the letter, its good to know there is still a chance at a spring admission. My college consultant got through to admissions and was told there would be only a very small chance they would be taking anyone from the wait list for fall</p>

<p>Hey ddahwan,</p>

<p>Same situation here. I got deferred from Early Action, and during the Regular Decision, I got waitlisted. After getting my letter today, I learned that I also was admitted into the Spring 2014 term. I am thankful for that. However, like many have mentioned in this thread, the scary part about it is that, according to the letter, for those who get off the waitlist, or go to UM in the 2014 Spring term, will not get grants/scholarship money, and FAFSA money will essentially be based on if the school has it at the time or not. Of course, I told the school that I am still interested in seeing if I can get off the waitlist, but wow, that information they put in the letter about financials was a real killer. My back up school is looking attractive, given all of the financial aid I am going to get there.</p>

<p>For the rest of you, I hope you have better luck!</p>

<p>Jknick where are you from?</p>

<p>Jknick are
you a legacy?</p>

<p>@ SuperCane sadly, I am not. No one in my immediate family has been to UM for their higher education.</p>

<p>@ collegeiscrazy13 I tried replying to your PM, but can’t since I do not have 15 posts yet lol. So I’ll just reply to that question here: I live in Miami.</p>

<p>Can any waitlisters please post when they receive their letters in the mail? If you have, please post your home state? Thanks!</p>

<p>My D applied EA and was deferred to RD but she was also offered spring acceptance. I’m assuming this means she may get some news today.</p>

<p>@muf123 how were you notified of the spring admission?</p>