Accepted to Spring term, what to do?

<p>I didn’t even get a letter yet, so I have no idea what is going on…</p>

<p>I was also waitlisted for fall admission and accepted for spring 2014 admission as well as the UM program in DC. I know that this is potentially a great opportunity, but before I make a decision, does anyone know of anyone who attended this program? I know very little about it (only what the website has to offer) and would love to know more.</p>

<p>The biggest thing holding me back from accepting my offer at the University of Miami is I’m afraid I won’t have the full “college experience” if I attend the UM program in DC, and have to wait until January to begin in Miami. I am deciding between Miami and FSU, and I know I will definitely get a great college experience this fall. Any advice would be great, I really don’t know what to do!</p>

<p>@collegeiscrazy13 - what is your intended major? I was also accepted to the UM program in DC and I’m curious to see what other students will be studying considering there are not many of us.</p>

<p>I guess most people attending DC are pre-med. I do not understand why people have to go to DC but I guess is a way to keep the group together and not to loose those students to other local schools. My niece will do her credits somewhere else and will transfer them. A semester is not such a big deal. A lot of people have a lot of AP credits anyways so they will end up following the same path as the rest.</p>

<p>I feel the UM in DC option is best because while in DC you are already a UM student living and taking classes with only UM students. There is no worrying if classes will transfer or having to send transcripts, its all done in the UM system. This is the best alternative to actually attending campus in the fall. The 60 students in the program will be able to feel like Canes and are assured housing for spring. I like that the UM President comes to DC and teaches those in the program, and I just feel it will make the transition easier.</p>