Accepted!!!

<p>Looking at everyone else's grades and scores, I'm shocked that I managed to wiggle my way into UW-Madison.</p>

<p>STATS
Applied: 11/28/05
Major: Biology
Actually completed application: 12/20/05 (screwed up and forgot to send them my ACT scores. Whoops.)
Accepted: 1/17/06</p>

<p>ACT: 28
SAT II: 1960
GPA: 3.3 UW
Other stats: Lots of Honors/AP/IB courses, and lots of bad AP scores. ;)</p>

<p>Essay: Kicked BUTT!
Recs: Single counselor recommendation, and I don't think he likes me much.
Hooks: Being... an out-of-state asian?
ECs: Music to the max (Piano and band (section leader and historian)), volunteer at local hospital and community events.</p>

<p>They must be big on applicant retention, as I've received four calls from the university congratulating me on my admission and reminding me to submit my SIR and enrollment deposit. Has anyone else been called?</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!</p>

<p>Applied: 1/31
Decision:2/8 Postponed
postponed application completion: 3/2
Accepted:3/9</p>

<p>SAT: M770 V610
SAT II: Math 1:760
GPA: 3.4/3.96W Grades increased. Freshman year Wieghted was below a 3.5. Soph and Junior years I had a 4.3 W
Other stats: 6 APs 5 College Classes 20 or so honor classes
Essay: I felt it was good
Recs: Great. See i don't get it when people say great on their recs but I sent in two with my original app(counceler and teacher) and with my postponed app i sent in 2 more from my internship and those were great
Hooks: Asian? Top 20 High school as rated by Newsweek top 1000 US high schools
ECs: Nothing amazing but not to few. Average. A lot of work in school music programs...</p>

<p>Applied: Late november
Major: Business
Actually completed application: Late February due to postponement
Accepted: 3/9/06</p>

<p>ACT: 29
GPA: 3.65
Other stats: 4 AP courses, 7 AC courses </p>

<p>Essay: Mediocre
Recs: 2 teacher recommendations after the postponement, great recs
Hooks: Was an identical twin (?)
ECs: Ice Hockey team captain, Orchestra president and principal cello, National Honors Society, volunteering, etc.</p>

<p>you listed your major as business A2. I also wrote business as my major. How do we know if we got into our major? What is the process for business at wisconsin. For example at Maryland if you are not accepted into the business program as a freshman you must wait till your Junior year to apply again. Thank God I got in but some rules are harsh. Do you know how it works for Wisconsin?</p>

<p>I guess it will list our major on our acceptance letter or in the package but mine has not come yet...
If wisconsin accepts students right through as freshmen into their business pmajors and I got in I'll definately go.</p>

<p>I think you must wait until junior year for wisconsin as well.</p>

<p>yah i was reading about it. Looks like junior year. That stinks. Do they admit anyone straight in?? does anyone know?</p>

<p>When I looked into it, it looked like they only accept people their junior year, but you can take all the classes you want as an underclassman. I think they just do it so you get your required classes in and so you get a chance to experience different aspects before you choose where you want to be.</p>

<p>i think you are right, A2Wolves...my SAT's realli suck, but my GPA is 3.74, so i guess that had a lot to do with my umich admittance</p>