ACT and Scholorships

<p>Hi! When is the last ACT score you can submit for scholorship money? My son is wanting the “full tuition 32.”</p>

<p>the deadline for the scholarship is on december,
so i think u should be fine if your son sends the score now.
You can also contact Edwina Crawford of tge admission office for detailed information</p>

<p>From the UA website:</p>

<p>The national December ACT and the national December SAT are the last college entrance examination results accepted for students who want scholarship consideration.</p>

<p>paul2752 you have been giving lots of advise on various forums and I guess I’m questioning if you should be. How would 3dogs3kids be fine sending in a score now? It’s obvious he doesn’t have a 32 yet. Also you are chancing lots of people, which you are entitled to do, but I question if you are giving good advise. Most posters have intimate knowledge of schools they comment on and they are not just randomly going on sites to find out the averages and posting info OP could have found themselves. Perhaps your time could be spent more productively before your Spring enrollment at UA.</p>

<p>@3dogs3kids‌ </p>

<p>Have your son take the SAT as well. They’re on different weekends. He’ll only have to study 2 sections…math and CR. And if the SR section on the ACT is bringing his score down, then he’ll be happy that the SAT doesn’t have that.</p>

<p>and I can’t spell advice tonight</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids‌ do you know the requirements for the SAT to get the full tuition? Thank you for your advice!</p>

<p>A 1400 on the Math + Critical Reading is needed to get full tuition.</p>

<p>Out of State scholarship requirements</p>

<p>OUT-OF-STATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2015-2016</p>

<p>Please review our FAQ section for details on the scholarships listed below.</p>

<p>CAPSTONE SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 27 ACT or 1210–1240 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Capstone Scholar and will receive $14,000 over four years ($3,500 per year).</p>

<p>COLLEGIATE SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 28 ACT or 1250–1280 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Collegiate Scholar and will receive $16,000 over four years ($4,000 per year).</p>

<p>FOUNDATION IN EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 29 ACT or 1290–1320 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Foundation in Excellence Scholar and receive the value of one-half tuition or $49,900 over four years ($12,475 per year).</p>

<p>UA SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 30–31 ACT or 1330–1390 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a UA Scholar and will receive the value of two-thirds tuition or $66,864 over four years ($16,716 per year).</p>

<p>PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 32–36 ACT or 1400–1600 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of tuition or $99,800 over four years ($24,950 per year).</p>

<p>*For scholarships awarded only by Undergraduate Admissions — If tuition is being paid by an outside source, with the exception of the Academic Common Market, the scholarship dollars may be used for other educational expenses (room, board, books, etc).</p>

<p>Copied from link
<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out-of-state.html”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out-of-state.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Does anyone know where I can get information about engineering scholorships? Thanks to everyone who answered!!</p>

<p>3dogs:<br>
See this link, please: <a href=“Scholarships – College of Engineering | The University of Alabama”>http://eng.ua.edu/undergraduate/scholarships/&lt;/a&gt;
Saskia Clayton is the go-to woman about UA’s engineering scholarships, although, as the website above suggests, be sure to read through all other links carefully before contacting her - there is bound to be the info you seek somewhere with a bit of digging. You can also ask any of us eng’g parents whatever questions you have. Good luck!</p>