Admission Decision Dates

<p>Hey all, I applied Early Decision for the U and I thought that decisions would be released online at December 15, but I looked at their website and it said that decisions would be released on December 20. It's only five days so I'll live, but I'm just curious. And is it released online, or do we wait for mail?</p>

<p>wait 4 mail, although i’ve heard that in previous years they had some kind of “you’re now a cane” image on the cane account thing</p>

<p>Hey you applied right? I submitted Common App for early action on October 30th but I haven’t gotten a confirmation e-mail saying they received all my documents. Did you? Is ther esomething wrong? SHOULD I be freaking out because… I am… :S</p>

<p>I also applied EA before the Nov 1 deadline and I only got a confirmation email yesterday so I think they are juzt sending them as they process the documents…I’m sure there are a lot of things to get through as well so I guess it might take a little while longer. I was freaking out as well a little bit, but it was all ok in the end!</p>

<p>Hmm I didn’t use Common App I used UM’s own online application. I don’t think I got a confirmation e-mail.</p>

<p>I applied EA with the Common App and UM sent me a letter giving me login info (though I created an account with my SS#). My SAT/ACT scores and essay have been processed, but UM has not yet received my transcript and counselor form that was sent on 10/27! I’m worried.</p>

<p>You should definitely call them. My son has applied to 8 schools so far - one never received the SAT score (had to be resent), one never received the transcipt (high school resent it) and one couldn’t find the common application supplement (which was sent electronically).
All of these things have been rectified but it wasn’t easy.</p>

<p>Oh, I’m so worried!!!</p>

<p>I guess I will call tomorrow, thanks.</p>

<p>My councelor was actually sick with strep, inconveniently, the week of Nov 1st, and didn’t come back for two weeks, making it impossible to get my transcript and councelor form in.
So, it still hasn’t been processes.
BUT the admissions office told me that as long as I got my part in, I wouldn’t be punished if my counselor form and transcript weren’t in/processed yet, if that helps at all :)</p>

<p>Yeah alright I’m starting to frkea out a bit. So i’m going to e-mail them… right now. Also, I thought Miami’s early action notificatino date was december 15th… just found out it is february 1st… dang! :(</p>

<p>Just had a quick look on the website and it appears that the ED notification date is December 20th. EA is Feb 1st.</p>

<p>[International</a> Student Deadlines | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/index.php/ug/applying/international_student_application_documents/deadlines/]International”>http://www.miami.edu/index.php/ug/applying/international_student_application_documents/deadlines/)</p>

<p>I was just cleaning out my desk and found a letter from UM they sent me about a month ago telling me they had received my application. It also said ED decision letters would be mailed OUT December 15, so they’ll come anytime after that. I guess I answered my own question haha, but I just wanted to let others know that if you did not get an e-mail you may have received a letter in the mail like I did.</p>

<p>Don’t get worried. They may received your transcripts but have not gotten around to putting it in the system yet because of the number of applicants and applications they have received. Right now is a busy time for Miami, they have to deal with a bajillion freshmen applications and a nice amount of transfer applications.</p>

<p>Best of luck to all!</p>

<p>The previous posts prompted me to check on my D’s application since I didn’t see anything online and started wondering if her guidance counselor was able to get it in the mailbox ok. LOL., anyway, so I did call admissions today and I got a lovely woman on the phone who took the time to look it up, found it in a separate pile (miss-piled) and then proceeded to enter it in the system for me right then and there. She said everything has been received and will be reviewed for a decision on Feb 1 (early ACTION)…</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>BruinsJEW, you still help people out with posts at UM forum, thats very nice of you.</p>

<p>Who are you pixeljig?</p>

<p>I logged onto MyUM this morning and found that I have been accepted! So for anyone that did Early Decision, keep checking online!</p>

<p>Congrats November! Welcome to the U!</p>

<p>Congrats! That is fantastic!!!</p>

<p>Did any of you apply through Common App? If so, how would I find out if I applied through that? And, do any of you know when the decision comes for Early Action?</p>