Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

Mine doesn’t have a name even.

@Homeschoolmom28 i believe they have to check something, to give approval for being listed. Make sure student has done that.

1 Like

If you go under “Applicant” in Howdy portal and select “Manage Applications,” one of the options in the upper right is “Directory Information Release Preference.” I think you need to select authorize to appear in the directory.

2 Likes

My son had his selected as allowed, but it still only has his name. :woman_shrugging: He was admitted to university on 9/14 and engineering on 9/18.

Same

New here! If your student appears in the directory is that a good sign if they have not been admitted yet? Or does everyone that applies show up there?

1 Like

ONLY ADMITTED Students appear in the directory, albeit a “Blank Entry”, name only.

My daughter’s name shows in the directory and she is not admitted. Most likely will not be considered until Jan at earliest as she is holistic and is TO. I think you show up unless you select something to NOT show up.

I think it is everyone who applies. When my daughter applied, she showed up in the directory and was given PSA. She will be transferring in January, and she showed up again. Her email/major showed up after she was accepted and signed up for NSC.

@jimdlt1 nope, it seems everyone who has applied appears in Aggie Directory. I moderate a page, and many asking to join have not been admitted, but their name appears just like those who are newly admitted.

1 Like

Got it. We tried as parents to get into the FB Parents Engineering Page and were denied. What did we miss?

Parents won’t be accepted into the main, legit pages, until it shows student Name/Classification/Major…that’s how a student is verified to be accepted.

Don’t join a page that doesn’t require proof student is accepted
You’d be SHOCKED at the numbers of spammers and losers that try to join pages.

I only attempted to join the ones listed on this thread. Aggies Parents we were accepted into

Aggie Parents allows straight Blinn parents in, seems to feed on drama.
Most likely Engineering page won’t accept you, until they can verify student is indeed admitted to Engineering.
This is the main, original, legit parent page. It won’t accept either, until all student info is shown.

1 Like

Thanks we are good on this page.

1 Like

My son’s name appeared shortly after applying, but well before getting the “seven tabs” and being admitted. He has not officially accepted, nor signed up for NSC, so I don’t know if more information will populate at that point, but as of now, it just shows his name with no other information just as it did prior to being accepted.

1 Like

Have you come across any that were in the directory and were denied? Or just not admitted “yet”?

I noticed my name in the directory before I was admitted, while I was doing my PSA in Corpus. Once I got admitted, my student classification, major and TAMU email showed up.

1 Like

@AggieLove i wouldn’t have access to that. But parents started requesting to join the page I monitor, weeks before first wave of admissions went out.
I feel certain there are many who apply/get an email, that don’t get admitted. It definitely gives a false sense of hope…

1 Like

Has phase 2 for dorm registration opened for anyone?

1 Like