Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

A current student told my son at National Scholars Day to go to an earlier NSC so there is a better selection of classes to choose from. Thoughts?

As classes fill, others will open. At the beginning of the summer, not all of the classes are open but only a few to allow the kids at NSC to register. So someone going to NSC in May will have very different options than someone going in August but who’s to say which is better. However, August is open registration for everyone so it might be slim pickings for core classes. Both times my boys have picked NSC that are a couple weeks after graduation since it’s nice to get it done and move on to other things

2 Likes

As soon as AIS Updates my wife will be on these. I’m NOT on FB just IG and Twitter (X) for me.

1 Like

My Mays kid specifically chose July NSC…she got every class she wanted, registered in under 5 minutes. And it was a very small NSC, not near as hectic and chaotic as late May & early June.
They absolutely open up class sections at EVERY
NSC…it wouldn’t be fair otherwise.
August NSC is risky, due to current students also being able to add/change classes.

1 Like

My DD just received her banner in the mail. :tada:

2 Likes

Congrats. When was she accepted online? Meaning how long did it take for banner Tia drive?

My daughter got 7 tabs this morning…still under review in AIS but hoping that official acceptance shows up tomorrow!:tada::tada: My daughter doesn’t check portal nearly as obsessively as I do so I’m debating if I should wait and tell her after AIS shows acceptance or even until we get banner in the mail? Did any of you do anything fun to announce it to your kids? Don’t know if I can hold it in that much longer though!

2 Likes

She was officially accepted on the 14th. They said on this thread that it would be 1-2 weeks. So I guess the banner came 1 day shy of 2 weeks. She applied on the 1st but didn’t submit transcripts til the 8th. The 7 tabs showed up very quickly back in August.

1 Like

My son just received his banner in the mail! Admitted 9/19!

4 Likes

Congratulations

I just announced “YOU GOT SEVEN TABS” :grinning: tomorrow when AIS updates may be different.

oh and “You Are in the TEXAS A&M Directory”!

@Aggie97SA let your daughter find out on her own. She should be in the drivers seat, since she is the one going to college. If she misses registering for Housing deposit a few days, it’ll be a good lesson learned…stay on top of things.
I’m old school…I never had passwords, my kids have done it all…but congrats to her!

2 Likes

We are still waiting on ours here! :joy:

Check out White Creek.

I have 7 Tabs but AIS has still not updated, confirming I still can’t make the housing deposit. The MyHousing Portal will not let me login either. UGGH

My OOS daughter just got admitted to Engineering! Applied 9/14 and saw the 7 tabs and change in Overview yesterday but got the official “You are admitted” message in AIS today. Plus, she can see the acceptance letter (although she hasn’t received it in the mail yet, of course.) So happily surprised that the process went so quickly - hopefully the housing portal will open to her later today or tomorrow. She tried already but it’s not working quite yet, I’ve heard some say it can take 24 hours or so. She’s applying quite a few places, but it’s nice to have this early acceptance and A&M is definitely one of her top choices.

4 Likes

Here is my ERROR Message

Login to StarRez Portal failed. Reason: Login error. Please try again.

I live at The Rise in Northgate, and it will be full by the first week of January. There’s already a pre-lease waiting list on the Rise’s homepage.

We couldn’t do housing til after the Whoop in AIS.