Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

Not all minors are online but totally agree about business minor. All online and watered down courses. Definitely not the same course a Mays student would take.

1 Like

Interesting! I assumed they were all online.
I know Business and Sports MGMT both are.
Definitely ‘watered down’ for Business minor.

Most minors aren’t different classes than the majors take. Just a selection of specific ones. DS had Econ minor.

1 Like

NSC just opened up for us. Folks can officially accept their admissions to A&M.

3 Likes

NSC GOOD TO GO :+1:
June 20-21 for us.
@DTxAggie THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I owe you one :beer: or :cocktail:

1 Like

TEXAS A&M SUMMER EVENTS

1. FIrst Event - New Student Conference (NSC) Mandatory for Students, Optional for Parents, is a 2 Day event during pretty much all of June into early July, You sign up for NSC once you accept admittance. NSC runs a Mon/Tues, Wed/Thurs, or a Thurs/Fri Sked. We chose June 20/21 and will fly in the night of the 19th and fly out on Sat the 22nd. Student and One Parent is $225 and we paid the extra $55 for the second parent.
  2. The Second Event is Fish Camp - 2 Day event with dates in mid to late July, but the dates are not released yet. This is voluntary New Students Only, run by upperclassmen. Our son has not made a decision on attending yet.
  3. Third Event - Dorm Move-In - Exact Dates TBD but First Day of School is Wed Aug 21 2024 so Move-In should be the week of Aug 12-16 based on Dorm specific assignments. Only a few Hotel rooms left regardless of the brand.
  4. Fourth Event - Opening Day Football Labor Day Weekend vs. Notre Dame. Aug 31st and YES we already have our hotel and it may be difficult to get a room. Game weekends sell out a year in advance.

YOU WILL HAVE A BUSY SUMMER.
I hope this all helps.

1 Like

For dorm move in your student will be able to login to the reslife website and choose a day and time slot to move in. Howdy week consists of a wide range of department and campus wide events for the move in days prior to classes starting and the first days of classes.

Howdy Week 2023 was August 17-22.
First day of classes was August 21.
Move in dates were august 17-20.

It is nice if they are able to select an earlier move in date so they can take advantage of all the howdy week activities before classes start. It gives them an opportunity to socialize and explore campus before classes start. Their dorm will have them scan a QR code at move in check in that is a group me messaging for their dorm and another for their floor. It’s a great way to connect with others in the dorm. They message to see who wants to go to this or that. A virtual version of the old prop your door open strategy.

You can see the schedule of activities for last years Howdy week here. Departments will also have howdy events that they will email the students about. For example my daughter is a viz major and they emailed the viz students with details re the viz howdy activities for Friday afternoon of howdy week. They had a pizza party, Art, games, music, etc.

1 Like

Thank you - does ‘accepting’ admission automatically cancel all other Application that maybe waiting on via ApplyTexas or Common App?

Noooooo. You’re good. No contractual obligation.

Registering for NSC is what A&M considers ‘accepting’. It’s a $225 non-refundable fee, plenty of time to register, so personally I’d wait…until you/your student are :100: certain. My auto admit didn’t fully decide to attend A&M until mid February. She got the exact NSC she wanted.

Does signing up for an NSC indicate commitment to TAMU? What is the risk for scheduling if one waits until spring to hear back from other schools?

See my reply/answer directly above your post :arrow_up:

1 Like

https://newaggie.tamu.edu/faqs/

"If I register for my New Student Conference, am I bound to attend Texas A&M University?

We interpret registration in a New Student Conference as a confirmation that you will be attending Texas A&M. If you decide not to attend after registering for a conference, please withdraw your application via the Howdy portal. Your conference fee is, however, non-refundable."

3 Likes

Anyone else still missing from the directory?

1 Like

My son has been admitted for 2 weeks and even signed up for NSC and still only his name shows up in the directory. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Mine too! Admitted 9/14, admitted to engineering 9/28 still just name. :woman_shrugging:

@AETX Curious-did your son’s name appear in Aggie Directory prior to being admitted? Or did it appear after he got tabs/admission?

It appeared before being admitted.

3 Likes

My DD’s name appeared in the directory at least a couple of weeks before being admitted too.

2 Likes

@AETX if I can figure out how, I’m going to send you a message…

2 Likes