Advisory meetings

<p>I recently looked up available academic advisory meeting times and they were all full up until november 7th or 8th. Im also in the honors college so Im available to sign up for classes tomorrow or friday, provided ive had my meeting. Is there anyway I can just do a drop in meeting? I already know what classes im going to take, I just need to get it signed off. I hope i havent screwed myself by not knowing about the advisory stuff.</p>

<p>What school are you in? When my D went to sign up for advising back in late September (she’s in CBA) there were no individual advising slots left before her registration date. She e-mailed the head of her department and he told her he was holding some open advising sessions, which she went to (those took place a couple weeks ago). But maybe if you e-mail your advisor or department head they’ll have something similar that hasn’t taken place yet. It’s worth a try, since you’d hate to miss your priority registration.</p>

<p>My S in Engineering received an email from his advisor saying they could do e-advising if they had a plan together. He had to go into DegreeWorks and update his plan with the courses he was planning to register for, then once DegreeWorks had been updated, he was able to email his advisor so she could check his plan and make sure he was ‘on track’. Once she reviewed his plan, she lifted his hold.</p>

<p>If there’s one this afternoon, stop by and see if you can get your hold lifted. Have your class list ready and CWID.</p>