African American Class of 2015

<p>@belllander
What do you do about your braids getting sweaty after running? I’ve heard some people blow dry them after they exercise.</p>

<p>@tarheel97 Don’t do anything about it besides spraying it with some anti-itch spray/spray in shampoo conditioner. Blow drying it literally kills your hair and make the braids less “new looking”.</p>

<p>And if the hair is synthetic that makes things even worse because of the smell.</p>

<p>@tarheel97 Yeah, like dreamwriter said, I don’t do anything to them, just let them air dry and then spray it with braid spray.</p>

<p>One time some one put that itch powder/spray stuff or whatever in my braid spray. The word brings back bad memories!</p>

<p>@basic2015 omg that sounds terrible. Why would someone do that??</p>

<p>@Dreamwriter
Well I just ASSUMED that someone did because I sprayed that thing and the whole night I was literally rubbing my head against trying to stop the itching.
I don’t think anyone would. But that was the most intense itch ever!</p>

<p>Hey do you guys have a favorite black author/poet? </p>

<p>I got a book of Nikki Giovanni’s poems and essay…Im in love!</p>

<p>@basic2015 lol well I know this sounds really “ratchet” but whenever I get a new braid spray I hide it in my room because I’m that greedy. Sometimes I set up decoys (I put water in an old braid spray bottle) just so my siblings don’t bother me to use my spray, because when they get they’re hands on my stuff it instantly disappears.</p>

<p>I love Alex Haley and Maya Angelou.</p>

<p>My braid spray saves my life. Sometimes my scalp gets so itchy and the only thing that helps is my braid spray with tea tree oil, which is minty and helps soothe the itch.</p>

<p>I recommend everyone read some Nikki Giovanni. It made me realize how much is not taught in school as far as civil rights and stuff goes.</p>

<p>When’s y’alls first day of school?</p>

<p>@basic2015 I can agree with you there. I never knew who Malcolm X was till about the 5th grade when a black student in my class was bashing me on how I didn’t know who he was. All I was ever taught about was Martin Luther King jr and Rosa Parks. Plus my parents are African so civil rights aren"t an issue since they only got to this country 18 years ago.</p>

<p>August 19 :frowning: it’s so close!!!</p>

<p>I know you guys have been awaiting the results…
My twist out was amazinggg!</p>

<p>Lol we start school the last week of August. All in all, I think this summer went by at a decent pace. It was super productive! Ahhh and Im kind of ready to quit my job lol.
What dates are you all planning to take the SAT?</p>

<p>Sorry for the ubber late reply :frowning: I start school this Monday so I’ve been super busy finishing summer assignments. I plan on taking the SAT sometime in late December or early January.</p>

<p>Lol I don’t blame you!
I hope you got to finish all them. I just gotta do AP Chem and ill be done.
How are you feeling about the new school year?</p>

<p>Lol I don’t blame you!
I hope you got to finish all them. I just gotta do AP Chem and ill be done.
How are you feeling about the new school year?</p>

<p>I think I’ll take mine in October and study for SAT/PSAT at the same time.</p>

<p>@basic2015 I don’t feel ready at all. I found out that I have a class with most of my bullies from the 7th grade :frowning: and it’s AP Lang the class I was looking forward to this class the most. And my hair isn’t done yet lol soooo yeah. Oh yeah my computer broke down so I am no where near done with my AP macro assignments, so I’m doing it the old fashion way :frowning: paper and pen.</p>

<p>@dreamwriter23 I’m sorry about the class situation :frowning: Maybe they grew up and matured a bit? I’m feeling pretty confident about this year, with the exception of math (<em>sigh</em>). I’m really excited to take APUSH; I love history. I’ve been reading pages out of my textbook lol. I plan on taking the SAT either in January or March, but I’ll talk to my guidance counselor about that.</p>

<p>@bellander I hope so too but I’ll find out tomorrow :frowning: ugh I’m so not ready for school.</p>

<p>@dreamwriter23 Try not to stress too much, I’m hopeful that it will work out okay. I’ll be sending good vibes your way :)</p>

<p>@BellLander Your vibes totally helped calm my nerves lol. The only issue is that I’m the only African American in almost all of my classes but one :frowning: I feel pathetic because everyone around me comes from money and I’m just there :confused: My AP Lang teacher isn’t what I expected…she was acting as if I didn’t belong in her class and she kept giving me this look :confused: idk how to describe it.</p>