African American Class of 2015

<p>@15rusdej Hey! Yeah… my teacher was pretty awful too… I liked the course quite a bit… JAVA is an awesome language!</p>

<p>Welcome @Mathmaticious I was contemplating taking the math 2 and biology or chemistry subject tests. Yeah my computer science class has been basically self taught like all year. I’m not quite sure when my teacher was in college but she’s kind of on the older side so I think she’s having trouble adapting to the evolution of java. I definitely have to agree with you though @brown210 java is amazing. Sometimes I get so lost in a program that I completely forget that I have another class to go to haha.</p>

<p>Do either of you program for a robotics team? @brown210 @15rusdej I program for Vex and a little bit for FRC.</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious No… I used to be on my robotics team, but it wasn’t for me.</p>

<p>When are y’all taking the ACT/SAT? I’m taking mine March 4 ( my birthday ) and March 8 respectively. Also how are you doing so far in the third quarter? </p>

<p>@BeStillMyHeart March 4th is my birthday too!! I’m taking the SAT on March 8th as well. Third quarter is okay so far. Physics and math are still kicking my butt, but what’s new lol </p>

<p>@belllander Awesome! I don’t take Physics because it doesn’t interest me. But is it the math part of Physics that you have trouble with or the material itself? English is the one that’s kicking me in the butt, but it’s been that way since elementary school. </p>

<p>@BeStillMyHeart It’s not really the math, since it’s mostly just plugging numbers into the calculator, but the ideas behind it I guess? Idk how to explain it…it’s harder figuring out how to get to the answer than actually figuring out the answer? Sorry if that didn’t make sense lol What are you doing in English? We just started Invisible Man and it’s pretty good so far…weird but good. </p>

<p>We’re reading The Poisonwood Bible and for writing we’re going over argumentation. We have to write three arguments relating to the themes of the book. If that makes sense. After that, we’re reading The Great Gasby. </p>

<p>We just finished Great Gatsby; it was good </p>

<p>I’m taking the physics subject test in June. Which subject test are you taking?</p>

<p>Have you gotten any study guides? Barron works very well. I’m using it for physics and got an 800 in math II using it. And good luck!</p>

<p>I took the March SAT and I bombed it completely, definitely retaking smh.</p>

<p>The math killed me completely and I had to rush like crazy on the essays and wrote 4 paragraphs instead of 5.</p>

<p>I think it went alright… finished everything lol… so that’s a plus :D</p>

<p>How were you guys’ SAT scores? I did a lot better than I expected lol. I thought I completely bombed the test since my anxiety got the best of me and I was sick. I got an 1850 but I’m actually not discouraged because I know I did not do my best :slight_smile: So I’m planning on retaking one more time and hoping to get a 2300+</p>

<p>Are any of you retaking? I was thinking of May but I don’t want it to interfere with my APs. I’m now considering June but I really wanted to take my subject tests then… So I’m thinking of SAT in June and SAT II’s in October </p>

<p>How are you guys doing in school? Right now I’m trying to raise my GPA since I blundered during freshman and sophomore year…</p>

<p>As for the SAT, I’m taking my first one in June and SAT II’s in October as well. Hopefully I can score over 2200/740</p>

<p>got a 2150</p>

<p>That’s great @brown210‌ !! Was it your first try? Will you be retaking?</p>

<p>@Jellybae yeah first sitting, but I don’t think I’ll take it again…</p>