African American Class of 2015

<p>Oh and I’m debating between Wellesley -kinda like a sister school to MIT-or NORTHEASTERN or Harvard for EA, other schools On my list are Vandy, BU, Amherst, Spelman, Brown, and maybe UNCC</p>

<p>Thanx for the idea @TheCupcakeSpy‌ but it’s my school that I have to pay and they won’t extend it but that’s fine.
That’s awesome @Jellybae‌ why not calc bc instead of ab just wondering? </p>

<p>Goodnight y’all got ACT in the morning </p>

<p>@Mathmaticious‌ my school is crazy about its prerequisites and Calc ab is a prerequisite to take Calc bc :frowning: It’s really inconvenient because I moved here from the caribbean to start high school freshamn year and basically had to start from scratch because they wouldn’t let me take the appropriate class for me since they’re so strict about their pre requisites :frowning: Right now I’m in algebra 2 but im taking pre cal online so i can take calculus next year. My school’s system is so inconvenient</p>

<p>@TheCupcakeSpy‌ eh im avoiding white students at my school lol. They all cling to WASP culture. Im just sticking with the few pocs that haven’t been brainwashed</p>

<p>Good luck! @TheCupcakeSpy‌ </p>

<p>@TheCupcakeSpy‌ Good luck!
@Jellybae‌ That sucks. Sometimes school’s just have no idea how wrong they are.</p>

<p>Hey all,
I’ve been trolling CC for a couple of months and just found the AA section and this forum so whats up? Anyone taking SAT I in May and SAT II in June?</p>

<p>Thanks for the well wishes you guys, the test was pretty good. Hey @Clarg17 I’m taking the subject test in June.</p>

<p>Hey @Clarg17‌!! I’m so happy our members are growing so this thread can become active again :slight_smile: I was going to take the SAT in May but Im taking my APs and it just hurts my head to even think of studying for all of that at once. I’m taking it June and leaving my subject tests and ACT for September October and if needed, November. </p>

<p>What subject test are y’all taking? @TheCupcakeSpy‌ @Clarg17‌
@Jellybae‌ How have you been studying for the AP exams?</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious‌ im a procrastinator lol. I started studying for my AP tests last Friday even though I told myself I’d start in march. </p>

<p>I’m taking AP Psych, APUSH and AP lang and comp. I only have four more chapters to read for psych in the Barron’s study guide and am hoping to finish by Saturday so I can take a practice test. My teacher (who’s a terrible teacher; he taught nothing) dumped a whole bunch of textbooks on me yesterday and Im planning on skimming through those after my practice test just to brush up. For APUSH, I’m on Chapter 8 in the Amsco and Im hoping to get to chapter 10 this evening and finish all chapters by next Friday. I’m also using the crash course videos for both APUSH and AP Psych. For AP Lang, I’ve already read the Cliffnotes tips. I just have to practice. Im hoping to get all my practices in this and next weekend and I truly think I’ll be prepared by then :)</p>

<p>Im taking Math 2, Physics, Chemistry and Bio. Im basically self studying all four over the summer since Im taking Caluculus, AP Physics, AP Chem and AP Bio next year. My summer’s gonna be so busy :(</p>

<p>@Jellybae‌ That sounds like it is going to be fun… :stuck_out_tongue: Good luck with all of that studying :)</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious‌ I’m taking US History and Math 2. How about you?</p>

<p>Just Physics. I’ve already taken math 2 so I’m just getting the science I need for MIT out of the way. @Clarg17‌ </p>

<p>Chemistry, math I, and English, @Mathmaticious‌ are you taking any? </p>

<p>What math are you in? @TheCupcakeSpy‌ You should take the math 2 if you are in or above pre-cal right now.</p>

<p>Gotcha</p>

<p>But I took MATH II last year after taking pre cal and bombed it, so I’m gonna try for MATH I to get a better score </p>

<p>@TheCupcakeSpy‌ Definitely recommend taking Math 2 it may involve Trig and Pre-Calc but it will look better then Math 1 especially if your taking/have already taken Pre-Calc.
@Mathmaticious‌ @Jellybae‌ Anyone have any tips for studing for the AP US History test, our class is behind due to a lot of “school disturbances.” We’re mid review now and unfortunately that means summarizing a chapter of history every night; Nothing new but a girl can go crazy going over so much history at once. :-S </p>